United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
thejco wrote:
For Baltimore, for example...

Huh? Baltimore is not in this game. Nor is there a hex with two mountain terrains. What are you talking about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Coveney
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:
thejco wrote:
For Baltimore, for example...

Huh? Baltimore is not in this game. Nor is there a hex with two mountain terrains. What are you talking about?

Ah I always get the names wrong. The B&O's home hex. It has a mountain edge as well as 2 bridge edges

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
So? The tunnel blaster reduces the cost of connecting across the mountain edge. No other building cost, either for the hex itself or for connecting across the rivers, is affected since the tunnel blaster doesn't affect them (by definition). I fail to see what issue you are trying to bring up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Coveney
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is likely I'm confused on the various types of terrain costs

"The Tunnel Blasting Company ($60 price, $20 income), allows its purchasing
corporation to reduce the track building cost of any mountain hex or tunnel/pass hexside by $20."

So I guess there are mountains, tunnels, and bridges?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
They are color coded, see the key on the map (or last page of the rules).

Mountains are brown in the center of hexes. Passes and Tunnels are brown hexside costs. Bridges are blue hexside costs, except for Detroit, where it is a blue terrain.

(In the GMT version to be released later this year, we inverted the river symbols to make this even clearer.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Coveney
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thank you. This was someone else copy via the cheaper of the deep thoughts versions and it was all a bit faded. I'm extremely excited about the GMT version -- I think it's going to bring 18xx to a lot of people. Thanks for the help. I like the game a lot. Make more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.