Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Langdon
United States
Fruitport
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I understand some people are okay with ties(and hilarious that the colonies become part of French Canada), I would feel more satisfied if there was an actual tie breaker. Ties happen way too often (props to the game makers - it means the sides are pretty balanced)

Here is my suggestion:

1) Play one more rapid round without playing reinforcements or cards(draw the faction dice as usual). Each of the 4 factions is allowed to make one army movement a distance of one area. Check # of colonies at end of rapid round.

2) If it is still a tie, the side with the most cities controlled wins (cities occupied by your units in contested colonies AND empty cities in colonies they own)

3) If it is still a tie, the side with the most areas under their control wins (areas occupied by your units in contested colonies AND all the areas empty and occupied in a colony you control)

4) If it is still a tie, the side with the most units on the board wins.

5) If it is still a tie, America becomes a southern province of French Canada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I like your thinking. Though to be honest, in all the games I've played, a tie has happened only once. Still, you have some great ideas. Since you posted, I hope you don't mind a little input...

Simply, I'd drop item 1 from your list and leave it at that. The way the game comes to an end, I think is a brilliant element of the game. If you were to allow an additional round after the game-ending Truce card is played, I think it would upset the intent of the design.

Also, cities were very important to both sides. Cities is where the political clout lay, were the centers of commerce for each region, and provided military support. So I'd say that your #2 is actually the better tie breaker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
these tie breaking conditions do not align with the victory conditions of the game and thinking about them will detract from the objective which is control of colonies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.