Subject: CoolStuff Inc pre-order delays rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
joe rogers

Mountain View
California
msg tools
mbmbmb
Anyone else waiting on this, says it's going to be in stock July 17, 29 and now august 28. Anyone know what's going on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Low supply? Issue with the shipment? I received my copy 2 weeks ago, but I order directly from PHG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Yeah, I've had a preorder in with miniaturemarket for months now. Just couldn't pay the amount PHG wants to order direct from them. I'm guessing they fill those orders before sending it out to other retailers (as they should).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmb
joerogerthat wrote:
Anyone else waiting on this, says it's going to be in stock July 17, 29 and now august 28. Anyone know what's going on?

Yes. You're impatient and the game hasn't been delivered to retail yet. Its not just Cool Stuff, its every store. Plaid Hat just shipped out the pre-orders within the last two weeks, so any copy in the wild has come from there. Sometime in August, the stores will get their copies and you'll get yours a few days later.

Pre-order dates aren't locked in stone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt O
msg tools
I e-mailed their customer service and the person I talked to said there was a shipment delay from the distributor. I e-mailed back to see if there was any chance it would be earlier than the 28th, and I'm waiting on that response.

If you don't mind paying I bit extra I just ordered it from Amazon Prime for $55 (free shipping). They currently have a release date of August 9th, and the customer service rep I spoke to there said that date is guaranteed give or take a few days. I asked if they'd have it before the 28th and she assured me they would.

At this point I have orders on both sites and I'll end up canceling whichever one doesn't ship first. I wish I had just bought from Plaid Hats in the first place so I'd have it already like other people do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Nima
United States
California
flag msg tools
Umbra0118 wrote:
I e-mailed their customer service and the person I talked to said there was a shipment delay from the distributor. I e-mailed back to see if there was any chance it would be earlier than the 28th, and I'm waiting on that response.

If you don't mind paying I bit extra I just ordered it from Amazon Prime for $55 (free shipping). They currently have a release date of August 9th, and the customer service rep I spoke to there said that date is guaranteed give or take a few days. I asked if they'd have it before the 28th and she assured me they would.

At this point I have orders on both sites and I'll end up canceling whichever one doesn't ship first. I wish I had just bought from Plaid Hats in the first place so I'd have it already like other people do.

Likewise. The Aug 28th thing was not mentioned in my email to them last Wednesday so I guess it's news.

I pre ordered another game from CoolStuff too which is set for a "guaranteed" Aug 3rd release date but got a skeptical answer on if that date is solid for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Rios
United States
California
flag msg tools
Umbra0118 wrote:

Website now says Aug 23rd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe rogers

Mountain View
California
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm really hoping that this is the last date change, I guess they ship to retailers based on volume. I really thought coolstuffinc would have more pull though in getting those games. Shows how little I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt O
msg tools
Amazon just charged my card and changed my pre-order status to "preparing for shipment"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Grogan
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre ordered from PHG back in June. Just got an email today from PHG saying it has prepared a shipment to me of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geek And Geekability
msg tools
mb
So CSI is now showing this is in stock, but I haven't gotten an e-mail saying my order has shipped and it's status is still only showing as "processed". I really hope pre-orders ship today. I have 4 other games tied up in this order that I've been waiting on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmb
GeekAndGeekability wrote:
So CSI is now showing this is in stock, but I haven't gotten an e-mail saying my order has shipped and it's status is still only showing as "processed". I really hope pre-orders ship today. I have 4 other games tied up in this order that I've been waiting on...

And you're the only one.

There's probably a few hundred (or more?) orders waiting for just this game...so get to the back of the line.

Luckily for you, I ordered from Cardhaus so you don't have to get in line behind me.

OH NOES! CARDHAUS IS CLOSED ON MONDAYS. HOW DARE THEY. THEY SHOULD OPEN UP JUST TO SHIP MY ORDER!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geek And Geekability
msg tools
mb
I understand that other people have their games tied up and I'm sure we would all like our orders to ship. Notice I said that I hope pre-orders ship today, not just my order.
I'm mostly frustrated because the CSI release date was pushed back multiple times and so many others have the game already (even people who didn't pre-order but were able to pick it up at Gencon, etc. ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I wound up just cancelling my MM pre-order. It was a combination of getting tired of waiting and having second thoughts about whether or not I'd enjoy the "expansion". I eventually decided it just wasn't what I was looking for for that kind of money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Butler
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My MM order waiting for this to release is in processing as of today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.