Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Washington's War, For the People, or Path of Glory rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
I'm looking to buy some more war games and these three interest me the most. Unfortunately, I only have enough to buy two of the three. Which of the two should I get?

For reference, I have Twilight Struggle and enjoy the event/ops mechanic very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI both Paths of Glory and For the People are way more complex than Twilight Struggle.
They're both great games, but make sure you know what you're getting into first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Complexity shouldn't be too much of a problem for me. I've watched some gameplay and glanced over the rules of all 3 games. I think I can handle it. Teaching it might be a hassle though.

I'm looking for the two games that use the cards the best in affecting how the game goes. Also preferably not too luck heavy in the die rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would rate them:

1. PoG
2. FtP
3. WaWa

All are terrific. If you are unsure, go with the period you prefer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Anderson
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An easy choice for me. Washington's War is awful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Founding Fathers: Before politics became a reality show.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
If you look at BGG correlations to TS, PoG has the highest of these three: https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/similar/thing/12333?min...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.