Old School Tactical» Forums » Rules

Subject: HMG Crewed Weapon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul O'Dette
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
OK, may have missed this but I noticed that HMG's are effectively covered as 'crewed weapons' BUT have the markings of a 'Squad' counter (with the exception of the little 'c' next to defense).

This is confusing at first glance as it seems like they would or could have some level of effectiveness against very light armor. I see now that since there is no range chart one can assume that it simply cannot shoot at any armored weapon. The exception seems to be firing at 'open topped' vehicles and of course trucks (no armor).

This hybrid approach is confusing when new to the game. Perhaps they can be delineated better in future rules. I honestly was not 'sure' for a while if all the captured rules apply to them (HMG) or not. I am assuming they do, please correct me if not.

Hope this is helpful to some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes hmg's can be captured if they remain on the field, same as all crewed weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul O'Dette
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Jamm22 wrote:
Yes hmg's can be captured if they remain on the field, same as all crewed weapons.

Thank you Shayne.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.