Eminent Domain: Exotica» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stolen trade secret - from the Senario: espionage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bryan yau
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I played my 1st game of ED with all expansions yesterday. My Senario was Espionage which give me the Stolen trade secret as a starting technology. My friend started with Military Campaign, which has the permanent tech Military campaign in his empire from the get go.

One question, can I simply steal his military campaign from his empire on Turn one, and not pay any reparations because my senario's "Special" ?? If so, how does that not ruin his chance of winning from the get go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cordz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the espionage scenario seems very powerful, possibly too much so, assuming you were playing it correctly. Any input from Seth?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Warner
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played against Espionage for the first time yesterday. I was playing Galaxy Fair, which starts with 2 permanent techs and an action that keys off those permanent techs. So my opponent immediately stole my permanent techs, making my scenario basically worthless.

I gave up on doing research entirely, and just tried to grab some points through survey and warfare. Final score was something like 21 to 18, so I only lost by a bit, but it was probably the least enjoyable game of Eminent Domain I've had since getting the expansions. I don't think we will be playing with Espionage again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I didn't respond to this sooner!

When playing with Espionage, you should treat the ability as if it said "Ignore all Influence Reparations on cards you play."

That was an unfortunate oversight. I think during playtesting we probably meant for the special not to include Stolen Trade Secrets.

Sorry about that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.