3 Posts

The Cards of Cthulhu» Forums » General

Subject: What a problem with 3+ players game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mb
I mean all says this is good little gem for solo play and works well with 2 players game... But what is wrong with playing 3-4 players game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Slaughter
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nothing. it might be a little tedious to track what health/body dice each player has, and active XP, but nothing that can't be fixed with some paper and some coins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Black
United States
Moraine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From my experience, it is much harder to win. Still fun, but much harder to win. The reason is: the good stuff in the deck is diluted or spread out among more players. So with 1 player, I get all the useful stuff and all the coins for defeating minions and terrors. I am an unstoppable army. With 4 people, I get about 1/4 of the good stuff, making me relatively weaker. What usually happens then is a person or two are not buffed enough and fail their attack or take body damage and you start having dead turns and the minions start piling up and you lose.

There's nothing wrong with 3-4 players but it makes for a challenging game and you may lose fairly often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.