jenifer wehner
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher

- New Deckbuilding Game with shared card pool
- Each player chooses a Hero before the game starts, each Hero has different stats and gametext
- Each Hero starts with 10 Epic cards specific to that Hero
- 12 cards in shared card pool called Reinforcement Row with 24 different Reinforcements included in the box
- Players 'Run' Missions to score points, which never shuffle into your deck
- Each Recruit provides Loyalty for Enlisting additional Recruits and Skill required for making a 'Run' on a Mission
- Build up your Recruits, Run Missions, Score Points, Win!

Link to the Kickstarter for those who love deckbuilding games!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2034931135/infusion-the...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like deck-building games and I like mashups, so I'm tentatively interested in this one. I'd need to see a rulebook before backing (there doesn't appear to be one on the KS, unless I've missed it?)

There are some odd spellings that make me second-guess the quality control, like Giphetto and Rumplestilskin (instead of Geppetto and Rumplestiltskin). Google suggests that these are somewhat uncommon alternate spellings that do get used, but I can't manage to figure out what about the game world would indicate using the alternate spellings, so they make me think they're mistakes.

Subscribed and clicked the remind-me button, and hope to be swayed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jenifer wehner
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Thanks for noticing our subtle differences!

My husband and I crafted the story for Infusion Tales (the story the game is based on) together and one thing we tried to do was to create unique versions of these iconic literary characters. There are a handful of character names we had fun with: S.N.O.W. White, S.N.O.W. Queen, Giphetto, Talia, Rumplestilskin, and Wolfe (The Big Bad Wolf).

In the Infusion Tales universe, S.N.O.W. stands for Special Network Operator of War and is the army in which the S.N.O.W. Queen controls. The best of her soldiers, known as S.N.O.W. Flakes, are a nod to the original literature which saw the Snow Queen as a ruler over snowflakes that looked like bees. Our S.N.O.W. White is an ex-Flake turned bounty hunter.

Likewise, we twisted Giphetto and Rumplestilskin a bit as well. With being Giphetto a coder and hacker, and all around computer genius, we wanted his name to look more stylized. Rumplestilskin is something like Giphetto’s evil equal and we wanted to have his name slightly different as well (we changed our picture momentarily after a minor bit of confusion on which version we had gone with). We also had fun with his naming conventions with his Epic Recruits, in that they are all variations on the guesses the miller’s daughter/queen guesses.

Our version of a ‘sleeping beauty’ is named Talia, after Giambattista Basile’s version of Sleeping Beauty. With Wolfe, we wanted a nod to Aesop’s Fables and Grimm (where a lot of our characters come from). He’s a mischievous ex-smuggler who our main heroes ask for help and end up getting a wolf in sheep’s clothing.

We will add a rulebook to the Kickstarter soon, as we’ve had several requests – in addition to demo videos going up post-Gencon. We’ll also be posting a story video soon that goes a bit more in-depth on the universe and the characters.

Thanks for subscribing and using the remind-me button, and if you have any other questions or concerns don’t hesitate to ask!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.