GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,707 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » General

Subject: Just unboxed my CE.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not crazy about the sleeves. Tanks arrived intact, but like many others am underwhelmed. Still think a "nuclear football" (briefcase) would have been a neater box, but this one is pretty cool.

Might be interested in selling/trading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you get the sleeves on the cards I think you will appreciate them. I was wary at first, but they're nice and sturdy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I (along with a few people I've talked to) threw away the sleeves provided by GMT. They are crap.

Most other things in the box are merely different from the normal TS, like the art. Some things are actively worse, such as the influence counters/cubes.

All in all, we paid for a nice box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'├ętat, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
murksofus wrote:
I (along with a few people I've talked to) threw away the sleeves provided by GMT. They are crap.

People keep saying that but it's a false statement. They may not be to people's taste, but I've had no problem with them and they're incredibly sturdy.

I personally would have picked something different, but they're not crappy penny sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne O'Keeffe
Ireland
Sligo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Won't bother with the sleeves myself. I prefer the art and layout of the board (compared to my old copy of twilight and I also prefer the new card backs. I would have liked metal/pewter tank/space pieces but think what came is fine. The influence blocks are useless and a hindrance to play. I wish they also included a counter sheet or a sticker sheet for both sides of the blocks. Was a little underwhelmed with it myself tbh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett David Spain
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely Bonkers. But I will tell you a secret, All the best people are.
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:

People keep saying that but it's a false statement. They may not be to people's taste, but I've had no problem with them and they're incredibly sturdy.

I personally would have picked something different, but they're not crappy penny sleeves.

True. They are worth much less than a penny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
throwingmuse wrote:
leroy43 wrote:

True. They are worth much less than a penny.

<sigh>

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.