Brugge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to expand upon this, the app will assume you have the 2nd edition, which will have different tile sets and monsters. It will in all likely hood supplement *some* of the tiles and monster spawns with your 1st edition stuff, but a bulk will still come from your 2nd edition box.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think, as well, that 2nd edition has a different set of rules that will be referenced by the app and may not be actually relevant to stats in 1st edition. On top of that there's custom dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zippadeedoodah
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I read about a conversion kit being available from FFG. Not sure about any 1st edition expansions being accomodated though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
rnijholt wrote:
I thought I read about a conversion kit being available from FFG. Not sure about any 1st edition expansions being accomodated though.
Same as with Descent, the conversion kit is there so you can use some first edition materials (investigators, monsters, floor tiles; apparently includes main expansion ones) in second edition games. It doesn't covert the game back to first edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's amazing how many threads we have that ask the same question which was answered in the original article by fantasy flight.

Reading. It's difficult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Eye
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
thearkhammonk wrote:
It's amazing how many threads we have that ask the same question which was answered in the original article by fantasy flight.

Reading. It's difficult.

This. And: people are lazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Exilfranke wrote:
thearkhammonk wrote:

Reading. It's difficult.

Yet active enough to delete their original post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avid Gamer
United States
Lawson/Dumont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exilfranke wrote:
thearkhammonk wrote:

Reading. It's difficult.

And this is why people think that BGG is filled with a bunch of condescending elitists. Just because it is faster to post a quick question than scour the internet to read every possible post doesn't mean they are lazy or uneducated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Eye
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Atrael wrote:
Exilfranke wrote:
thearkhammonk wrote:

Reading. It's difficult.

And this is why people think that BGG is filled with a bunch of condescending elitists. Just because it is faster to post a quick question than scour the internet to read every possible post doesn't mean they are lazy or uneducated.

No. That behaviour is a perfect showcase of cultivated egoism, draining ressources out of a community without even thinking about getting the information by yourself. It's an attitude shaped by consumerism.

Quote:
Just because it is faster to post a quick question than scour the internet to read every possible post doesn't mean they are lazy or uneducated.

You don't have "to read the internet", most questions asked here are clearly answered by the inital news FFG made about MoM2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Quote:
people are lazy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Original post, quoted for some context:
kevinruns262 wrote:
I have 1st edition along with all of the expansions. I have read that the 1st edition stuff will be usable with the app, but I'm still unclear as to whether I need to buy 2nd edition? Can I use the app and just play using my 1st edition stuff without getting 2nd ed? I can't believe that FF would make that possible because they would lose a lot of sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.