Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump may be trying to back out:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/30/media/donald-trump-president...

Gotta love the way he claims that the NFL sent him a letter. And then the NFL says "um, no we didn't"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oldies but Goodies ... Avalon Hill and
msg tools
mbmbmb
If the day comes when Trump officially announces he's not going to the debates, Clinton will blanket the airwaves with surrogates claiming that Trump is AFRAID TO DEBATE AFRAID TO DEBATE AFRAID TO DEBATE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
Paul Begala (during the Democratic convention) brought up the rumor that Trump was going to back out of the debates. The popular wisdom being that he could easily just give "Trumpy" answers to questions when he had to share the stage with a dozen other Republican candidates, but in a one-on-one debate he would (theoretically) be forced to give policy answers and back them up, which as we all know is not his strong suit.

So now he tries to throw up a smokescreen about football games & then has his RNC buddies try to claim the debate schedule is "unfair". Which is hilarious because we all know the debates are created & produced by a consortium of reps directly connected to the Republican & Democratic parties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He may go to the first one, but after that I think he will back out.

It will appeal to his core support, and his sense of his "uniqueness".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
The organizers should hold the debate anyway. If Trump doesn't show, Clinton can be matched up vs a fuzzy empty orange chair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? I think the opposite. What is Hillary going to do when she's not in an environment that defends her every illegal activity or collusion with the liberal media? It's been over 200 days since she's had to even answer a question in front of a press conference let alone an active critic. What if her health problems act up again? She won't risk one of her coughing fits again. I think she's going to be the one bowing out of more debates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently 239 days since Hillary held a press conference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Ross
United States
Charlotte
NC
flag msg tools
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
The organizers should hold the debate anyway. If Trump doesn't show, Clinton can be matched up vs a fuzzy empty orange chair.

The chair would likely outperform the Donald.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
What could Trump possibly gain by a debate? He's the incarnation of a joke in bad taste. No one who wants to debate issues would vote for him anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ironcates wrote:
Really? I think the opposite. What is Hillary going to do when she's not in an environment that defends her every illegal activity or collusion with the liberal media? It's been over 200 days since she's had to even answer a question in front of a press conference let alone an active critic. What if her health problems act up again? She won't risk one of her coughing fits again. I think she's going to be the one bowing out of more debates.

Strangely enough only The Donald seems to be having problems with the debates. How does one account for that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If Trump skips the debates, I will not vote for him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:

If Trump skips the debates, I will not vote for him.
If Donny Skips the debates I think it would be romantic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
ironcates wrote:

Hmm, I seem to recall several interviews Clinton has given over the last few weeks where she was held to task over the e-mail issue. And I don't recall Trump's last press conference. Good ideological try though.

Normally, I would say it would cost Trump dearly if he backed out of the debates -- in normal elections, it would be similar to conceding the opponent has better answers, better ideas, better policies. But in this election cycle, hell, who knows? I still can't understand why Trump is the one who won the primary. I know all about "angry voters" and all that, but the man is clearly out of his element intellectually. Of course, the US once had a political party that proudly call itself the "Know-Nothings," so maybe that's who Trump is wooing. I still think Clinton would win the debates, perhaps even decisively, if they occurred. But considering the bizarre nature of the 2016 election, who can tell?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Gobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Not the avatar you're looking for
mbmbmbmbmb
I follow politics closely. I used to consider myself fairly knowledgeable about them. Used to. After this election, not a goddam thing makes sense anymore. In my mind, the debates HAVE to happen. There's no chance for Trump to perform well in the the election if they don't. It would make him look like a coward.

But what the hell do I know anymore?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
TylerGoble1 wrote:
I follow politics closely. I used to consider myself fairly knowledgeable about them. Used to. After this election, not a goddam thing makes sense anymore. In my mind, the debates HAVE to happen. There's no chance for Trump to perform well in the the election if they don't. It would make him look like a coward.

But what the hell do I know anymore?

Join the crowd. Honest conservatives, liberals, and moderates think the same thing.

But, on the other hand, this is the most fascinating election at any level I have ever experienced. Love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

. . .

But, on the other hand, this is the most fascinating election at any level I have ever experienced. Love it!

"May you live in interesting times" is a curse, not a blessing.

I would much prefer a "boring" choice between two qualified candidates like we had in 2012 over the "fascinating election" we have this year. I don't love it. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.