Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Stephens
United States
Sumrall
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's just me, but I wasn't able to easily remove the protective film from the cards even after several plays. On a whim, I took a piece of Scotch tape and stuck it to the top corner of the card face with some of the tape extending beyond the edge of the card. Then by pulling the tape toward the bottom of the card, the tape adhered to the film and it all pulled off in one easy motion. I was then able to pull the tape off the newly removed film and reuse the tape for the next card.

Just a few minutes of this and my cards were nice and clear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice.

I just picked at a corner a bit until it started to go, and then peeled it off. Did it while watching Netflix. Didn't take all that long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just peel them while playing once the film has started to loosen. I've played about 8 times with my copy probably 75% of my cards still have the film on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador C. Majoral
Andorra
Argentona, Barcelona
flag msg tools
jeffreystephens wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I wasn't able to easily remove the protective film from the cards even after several plays. On a whim, I took a piece of Scotch tape and stuck it to the top corner of the card face with some of the tape extending beyond the edge of the card. Then by pulling the tape toward the bottom of the card, the tape adhered to the film and it all pulled off in one easy motion. I was then able to pull the tape off the newly removed film and reuse the tape for the next card.

They are not meant to be removed until they can be easily removed, that way your cards will last longer without scratches (like the film they place in the screens of mobile phones, they are not meant to be removed until they fall by themselves. I even have a cousin who buys replacements for them!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
salva wrote:
(like the film they place in the screens of mobile phones, they are not meant to be removed until they fall by themselves. I even have a cousin who buys replacements for them!).

Uhh... Those are, indeed, meant to be removed when you get the phone. And there's no way to get replacements. More likely your cousin buys screen protectors, which are a different thing entirely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Whapham
United States
Sunbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a one-sided insert explaining that the film is meant to come off and that the easiest method is to peel it off after a few plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Jenkinson
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
salva wrote:
jeffreystephens wrote:

They are not meant to be removed until they can be easily removed, that way your cards will last longer without scratches (like the film they place in the screens of mobile phones, they are not meant to be removed until they fall by themselves. I even have a cousin who buys replacements for them!).

There is no greater joy than seeing someone's electronic device/phone/remote/anything that still has the protective screen, sometimes after weeks or months..... And peeling that bad boy away, changing their lives for the better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sagritalo
United States
Round Lake Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffreystephens wrote:

Good find. I just rubbed two cards together, film sides touching. This usually caught an edge which was then easy to pull up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
transcend11 wrote:
There is no greater joy than seeing someone's electronic device/phone/remote/anything that still has the protective screen, sometimes after weeks or months..... And peeling that bad boy away, changing their lives for the better.

You... would steal that joy from someone else? You monster!

Here, sate your sadistic desires without harming anyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.