Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CR7
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know (or Gil if you read this) Why for 2 and 3 player games all the drama shows need to be removed? What is it about those shows that makes the 2/3 game imbalanced? I can't seem to figure out any reason...

More my curiosity than anything... I played 3 player tonight and it was great! Just wondered why those cards get removed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it isn't specifically the show, but the number of genres. Check out the FAQ.

IngredientX wrote:

I wish I could play with Dramas in a 2-3 player game!
You can! Just remove Sitcoms and all the Stars relating only to Sitcoms instead. Be sure to leave the Former Comedian Gone Dramatic, as it still gets a bonus on Dramas.

If you want both, you can leave all Stars in, remove half the Sitcoms and half the Dramas, and consider Sitcom and Drama the same genre for the purposes of the Genre Bonus and the Good Branding card. I've never played this way before, but in theory, it should work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Frogfan4 wrote:
Does anyone know (or Gil if you read this) Why for 2 and 3 player games all the drama shows need to be removed? What is it about those shows that makes the 2/3 game imbalanced? I can't seem to figure out any reason...

More my curiosity than anything... I played 3 player tonight and it was great! Just wondered why those cards get removed

The 3p game took a long time to click. It was lacking tension. I think I had 7 shows out, because I wanted to make sure players looking for a specific genre had a chance to get it, and I didn't want the number of shows to be evenly divisible by the number of players (to keep turn order interesting).

With 3 players and 7 shows, the game is boring. Everyone gets what they want. But if I cut it down to 5 shows, it would have been frustrating... until I cut out a genre!

Once that happened, I got the best of both worlds. Picking shows was not boring but not frustrating either, and there's still a good chance your genre will come out.

After I made that change, I realized that the 2p game needed it as well. So that's why it exists for both player counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmb
IngredientX wrote:
Frogfan4 wrote:

The 3p game took a long time to click. It was lacking tension. I think I had 7 shows out, because I wanted to make sure players looking for a specific genre had a chance to get it, and I didn't want the number of shows to be evenly divisible by the number of players (to keep turn order interesting).

With 3 players and 7 shows, the game is boring. Everyone gets what they want. But if I cut it down to 5 shows, it would have been frustrating... until I cut out a genre!

Once that happened, I got the best of both worlds. Picking shows was not boring but not frustrating either, and there's still a good chance your genre will come out.

After I made that change, I realized that the 2p game needed it as well. So that's why it exists for both player counts.

Ah, this answered the question I posed in another thread. We played with all shows in the game. It worked quite good for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.