Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Wood
United Kingdom
Lytham St Annes
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boy, there are a lot of rules questions on this forum. Despite that I'm struggling to find the answer / confirmation of the following.

I'm playing scenario 1 to try and learn the game. The poles have 1 initiative at the start of the game. So, foolishly the poles tried to attack with 3SP against a 3SP defender so the battle is a tie. According to the rules (v2 - 7.41#6 & 7.42) the attacker loses and has to retreat. No problem so far. However in 6.1 the losing player in a battle has to lose an initiative point in each battle that he loses, no matter the size of the loss. Does this include ties as I have described.

The result would be that the russians now have 1 initiative and presumable choose the order of all subsequent battles until initiative changes again.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am learning the game as well (great game btw....). I read the rule as a draw causes the attacker to lose with all associated penalties (retreat, initiative, etc.).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wood
United Kingdom
Lytham St Annes
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I think I have to agree - some harsh rules in this game or perhaps consequences might be a better way of putting it. e.g. it's possible to win a battle and still lose if the win isn't decisive enough. Check out https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1384202/when-killing-oppone...
and https://boardgamegeek.com/article/8104368#8104368

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A draw is a loss for the attacer so yes, you are correct.

As for the links: To avoid gameyness I have always played that eliminated OOS-marked units are worth 1 VP in all cases.
This is also how the rules in future games in the series will look like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wood
United Kingdom
Lytham St Annes
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.