Subject: Choosing Promos or taking at random? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
West Ward
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When you use Fusion to get a promo card, do you take it at random or do you pick the promo you want? The rulebook doesn't say anything specific about shuffling the promo decks (it actually refers to them as a "pile") and under card fusion it says to "take" (not "draw") from them. My group has been having discussions over the worth of sacrificing cards for promos and looking through the rules had me wondering about the wording. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
No, you cannot look through the cards of the promo packs. You simply take the top card of the promo pack pile when you perform a fusion. You can refer to the example given in the rulebook in the Card Fusion section:

When fusing for a Bronze promo...

"The 5 Fusion Cards are returned to the box and a Bronze Promo Card is acquired from the top of its Promo Deck." (pg.9, emphasis mine)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett MacDonald
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah being able to choose your promo would be broken and you'd see a lot of people rushing to make a promo first (depending on which promo sets you pick there are some STRONG cards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.