7 Posts

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cannibal Island - Village Str counting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
k shalina
msg tools
Hello all!
We count village str. 4 + number of open totems. My question: does the totem on the tile being attacked included in that counting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters.
mbmbmbmb
kshalina wrote:
Hello all!
We count village str. 4 + number of open totems. My question: does the totem on the tile being attacked included in that counting?

I think so. This is how I played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k shalina
msg tools
Then it will always be 4 + 1 by default

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters.
mbmbmbmb
kshalina wrote:
Then it will always be 4 + 1 by default

Hmm.... now THAT's a good question. Why? Because when we tried the scenario, we added 4+ the number THAT WAS ON THE TOKEN to get the strength of the village. (So, if we had burned the first village, the second village #2 was strength 4 + 2= 6.)

and consequently, when the Cannibal City showed up, everything was 10 +...
blush

Maybe this explains why we thought the scenario was IMPOSSIBLE....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All I want from the new edition is the rulebook!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I haven't played the scenario yet, but the German rulebook is really clear on that, and even provides examples. The number on the token is irrelevant (other then the 6, which marks the city), you only count the number of visible totems (including the village you attack and after round 4 the city), and add 4 to that value.

After a village is burnt down, it is covered with a marker and doesn't count to the strength of other villages. So as long, as you don't explore more totem tiles, before burning them down, each village has a strength of 5 before round 4 and 6, once the city is revealed.

EDIT: Not quite correct: Token 5 is relevant, too. Because it is not a village (can't be burnt down), but is still counting for the strength of the villages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, I'm going to have to play this again now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.