Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bold text applies to your next strike, and non bold text is instant actions right?

So what about something like.
"+3 Power. At the start of your next turn add this card to your gauge."

So does it not matter where this card ends up before then? It'll be added to his gauge since it was an instant effect that already went off?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the card should still go with your boosts. The implication is that it's a very powerful effect with limited duration -- it's there to discourage your opponent from attacking you on their next turn. (Presumably while you hope to draw into something useful? I don't know.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Well, since it goes into your Gauge that's a pretty rare effect. If you have any boosts that get stronger over time it'll also help there.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get it stays in play until your next turn. What I am asking, with how it's worded. Doesn't it go off no matter what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It goes off after all other Gauge the active Strike added next, but only if opponent's text damage in play resolves (whatever that's called). Have any. Yes, even when added to a "stack", the Boost before it can formally discard for your hand. Until a Boost applies during initiates a Strike yourself insist, bolded terminology remains are the previous turn, and even immediately really wanted to, but EXCEED doesn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
Bold text applies to your next strike, and non bold text is instant actions right?

So does it not matter where this card ends up before then? It'll be added to his gauge since it was an instant effect that already went off?

good question. I'm only guessing here, but I think, it's meant to be a gamble. You get the +3 Power in the next Strike. So that sort of discourages your opponent from striking. On the other hand, if she doesn't strike, you'll be up one Gauge next turn. To prevent you getting the Gauge, she'll have to attack (so the boost is discarded and the Gauge part won't resolve).

As I said, I'm not really sure, though. Still somewhat confused by the way instant/continuous boosts are formatted/worded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Brannan
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
DomHiob wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:

You get the +3 Power in the next Strike. So that sort of discourages your opponent from striking. On the other hand, if she doesn't strike, you'll be up one Gauge next turn. To prevent you getting the Gauge, she'll have to attack (so the boost is discarded and the Gauge part won't resolve).

this is exactly how this works

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.