$30.00
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to get/collect the components again. I know that some of the miniatures have been changed, and yes, the new X-Wing miniatures is darker and greenish, but remember when the older X-Wing miniature had engines that pointed in all directions?

Anyway, I was wondering about the small peg that is actually glued onto the miniature. Did FFG change this peg? My new miniatures have a very loose fit now. If you flip the stand upside down, the miniature just falls right off. My older miniatures did not do this, and in fact were sometimes difficult to take off. Is this something FFG changed, or is a manufacturing error?

For me, I like the loose fit because it makes it very easy to remove the miniature from the top peg, but at the same time you need to careful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Newer pegs are slightly bigger. They can give a tight fit with new or old miniatures. Use the old peg with new miniatures if you want the loose fit (not recommended due to potential accidents while playing).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mlvanbie wrote:
Newer pegs are slightly bigger. They can give a tight fit with new or old miniatures. Use the old peg with new miniatures if you want the loose fit (not recommended due to potential accidents while playing).

Michael, I have to replace my entire collection, so everything I have now is new. Unless they are putting old pegs in with new miniatures, I do not have any of the old pegs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By 'new' I meant Wave VIII and later; I'm not sure about reissues of earlier ships. If you buy a package of bases and pegs then the pegs in there should make a tight fit.

This guy has gone for overkill: easy answer to the "peg problem" + storage solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mlvanbie wrote:

Yes, this is very frustrating for those of us who have purchased just 2 or 3 ships since the change, didn't know about it, and have been unable to locate the new pegs among the 40 or so old pegs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.