5 Posts

Attack Sub» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scenario 13C rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kilpatrick
Australia
flag msg tools
This has been asked before but in a more general sense for all scenarios. Concerning the "exiting" victory condition. Does it work like this:

1. At some point previously the soviet sub attempting to exit has to have achieved a CL of 1 on an opposing sub
2. At the point of attempting to exit the soviet sub must have a CL of 0 on all opposing subs and all opposing subs must have a CL of 0 on the soviet sub

In my copy of the rules the NATO side starts with one sub and one reinforcement available while the SOVIET side starts with three subs and one reinforcement available. Is this correct? Seems a bit one sided?

P.S. A plug for the excellent Vassal mod which allows us to play this great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kilpatrick
Australia
flag msg tools
We've just finished a pair of games with each of us playing one game as each side. In practise I don't think either of us gave any thought to the victory condition of exiting one or more Soviet subs. We were too intent on trying to sink each other. I need not have worried about play balance as the Seawolf turned out to be a potent force both scanning and attacking with the end result a tie, NATO one, Soviets one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to see this game being played! It's one of my top favorites but I've only played solo over the years that I remember. I'm not readily familiar with the scenario but wanted to at least recognize your posting contribution with a thanks.

My 2 cents is to play again but the Soviet player should try to push for an exiting victory. I suspect it will add new stress for both sides!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leedy

Westerville
Ohio
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ncree wrote:
Great to see this game being played! It's one of my top favorites but I've only played solo over the years that I remember.

How do you play it solo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play like Up Front, M44, etc where I draw hands facedown but don't look until needed. Mostly just compartmentalizing for active hand's logical play.

There are some solo systems posted for UF/M44 that might be applicable, I haven't ever tried any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.