Subject: Ragnarok and (lack of) gold to pay for repairs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jaime de Marcos
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that, when the Ragnarök card is revealed, players can repair their Longships by spending repair costs of the damaged section(s) of the ship.

In our last game, one of the players was holding the Fafnir's Greed card, and another player had 8 Gold and two sections of his ship in need of repair. Then the Ragnarök card was revealed. The first player then sacrificed Fafnir's Greed to steal 8 Gold from the other player so that he was not able to repair his ship as he had no money left, and became an easy target during the Ragnarök battle.

The Sacrifice section in the Fafnir's Greed card says that it can be played "at any time", so I understand that it was well played right after Ragnarök was declared. However, I understand that any players that do not have enough money to repair their ships have very few chances to win in Ragnarök, even if they had actually kept some Gold but they lost it for some reason as previously explained. I am not quite sure if our interpretation of the rules was correct.

Another question is whether spending Gold to repair your ship at the beginning of Ragnarök also reduces your Gold-based VPs when doing the final sum, or this is considered already to be happening in "Ragnarök time" and the total of VPs is what was achieved before the Ragnarök card was revealed. I also understand that sacrificing locations during Ragnarök does not diminish the VP total you achieved during regular playtime. If so, you might end up losing more VPs than what is actually won with the Ragnarök card. Is that correct? Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Stoltzfus
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I missed this. Yep, the player who played Fanir's Greed was able to play it when they did.

As for the repairs to your ship, they are made before doing your final sum. Additionally, cards sacrificed during Ragnarok WILL diminish your final VP total... so it's entirely possible that the Ragnarok card will not be worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.