Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I searched the threads, but didn't see my specific question in there, so I'll ask the question with my concerns:

Situation: Melee rolls have begun. There are two possible ways stealth can come up.

1) The Axis rolls it. Per Rule 19.2.2 2nd Paragraph "If, due to a trigger during a Melee roll, one or both sides have no units remaining in the hex, the melee ends with no further effect."

My guess: Since the Allies haven't rolled yet, the Axis unit could be placed into an adjacent hex and end the Melee with no further rolls or casualties.

2) The Allies roll it. Per Rule 1.9.1 "...These four triggers immediately and temporarily pause normal game play in order to perform a specific task. Normal game play resumes after the trigger has been dealt with in its entirety."

My guess: Since the Allies have already rolled the result, the Allied unit could be placed in an adjacent hex, but then the results of the Melee (whatever they are) are applied.

Thank you for your help, in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you, Dan.

There is also a possibility of stealthing in another unit to the melee before the active player rolls, isn't there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chicklewis wrote:
I agree with you, Dan.

There is also a possibility of stealthing in another unit to the melee before the active player rolls, isn't there?

My understanding, Chick, is that the Stealthing unit would be there for a 2nd Melee if the enemy survives. But in my example, the numbers are locked before the Stealthing unit comes in. There have been similar situations talking about the Hero entering the hex or what-not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunderian007 wrote:
Once rolls begin, the arrival or removal of any units does not change the base numbers. Of course, if one entire side is [gone] the melee ends with no winner.

All units of the losing/tying side(s) are eliminated.

Agree with you, Paul. But since the roll has already been made, even if the Allies leave the hex (in example 2), the results of the Melee are carried out. Correct? Your second sentence applies to the first example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.