The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stacking Protector of Lorien rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Spain
msg tools
mbmb
http://ringsdb.com/card/01070

Can I have 3 protector of loriens on a hero and be able to trigger all three protector of loriens with 1 discard, giving +3 with 1 discard, +6 with two, +9 with three? I had Pippin doing this it was quite fun but possibly not legal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
Brandon
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately it is one discard per individual card effect, not multiple cards triggered by one discard. The only benefit of multiple protector of Lorien cards is to allow up to 9 cards to be discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Yeah that's not how costs work.

Imagine a hypothetical overpriced cafe. For your 5 generic currency units, you can get either an overpriced cake, or an overpriced coffee, not both at once. If you want both, cough up another 5 generic currency units please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
c0ntinuum wrote:
http://ringsdb.com/card/01070

Can I have 3 protector of loriens on a hero and be able to trigger all three protector of loriens with 1 discard, giving +3 with 1 discard, +6 with two, +9 with three? I had Pippin doing this it was quite fun but possibly not legal.

I wish costs worked that way. Then I could have bought three copies of the core game for the same $40 or whatever I spent on just one! Since the store had three available when I bought it. Yeah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincenzo Beretta
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This card always baffled me.

"Welcome Lady Eowyn, the Three Times Protector of Lorien!"

"You are too kind, Fair Lady Galadriel! Now... Can I also be... Er... the Three Times Steward of Gondor or such?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.