$30.00
Vera P.
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new Target exclusive games are 10% off online with code GENCON. Slightly discounted than going to the store. Free shipping with $25+. An additional 5% off with your Target Red card.

Ticket to Ride: First Journey (U.S.) $34.99
http://www.target.com/p/ticket-to-ride-first-journey-board-g...

Codenames: Deep Undercover $19.99
http://www.target.com/p/codenames-deep-undercover-board-game...

Machi Koro Bright Lights, Big City $29.99
http://www.target.com/p/machi-koro-bright-lights-big-city-bo...

Evolution: The Beginning $24.99
http://www.target.com/p/evolution-the-beginning-board-game/-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
Here's a link to the full "Gencon" selection : http://www.target.com/items/-/ct-50567315Z50567526Z50568408Z...

A lot of party games, but Suspicion looks interesting.

Mach Koro: Bright Lights, Big City, seems odd. It is apparently a new base set that is made up of 99% existing cards, a few new cards, and rules tweaks. Strangely it comes with three dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, the games look unappealing. When the Oregon Trail card game comes out though, I will be interested...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
http://www.mortificationofspin.org/
mbmbmbmbmb
"Now the whole family can enjoy the classic, award winning Ticket to Ride in this Target Exclusive."

I can only assume they've adapted it to appeal to the heavy boardgamers in your life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
Soleia wrote:
Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, the games look unappealing. When the Oregon Trail card game comes out though, I will be interested...

Its out, $10.99 at B&M or $12.99 at Target.com. Its not part of the sale though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wolski
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
onefullturn wrote:

Thanks, but I'll wait for the pictures version of this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Inception: 01/08/16
mbmbmbmb

Let's take one the most universally appealing games of the last ten years and lobotomize it up with some Cards Against Humanity filth so that whenever the general public thinks of the Spiel des Jahres, they'll think of snickering teenage boys. Good job CGE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though the game has no appeal to me and I wouldn't have made the same decision, I can't fault CGE for wanting to get paid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Inception: 01/08/16
mbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
Even though the game has no appeal to me and I wouldn't have made the same decision, I can't fault CGE for wanting to get paid.
Codenames was already a monster hit. There was no need to sully a modern classic. Can you imagine grandparents picking up the 2016 Game of the Year for the grandkids and picking this up by mistake? Uggh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Duvall
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:

It's their decision of course, but as successful as Codenames has been, I'm not sure this is necessary to add to their success. Has the capacity to tarnish the brand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
nbread wrote:
Codenames was already a monster hit. There was no need to sully a modern classic.

Wait until Codenames Deep Undercover Pictures devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood...
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:

Let's take one the most universally appealing games of the last ten years and lobotomize it up with some Cards Against Humanity filth so that whenever the general public thinks of the Spiel des Jahres, they'll think of snickering teenage boys. Good job CGE.

Better that CGE capitalizes on an R-rated version FOR ADULT GAMERS before someone else made an adult bootleg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
nbread wrote:
Codenames was already a monster hit. There was no need to sully a modern classic IMO.

I agree with you that there was no need for it.

But more money > less money. People have to decide how they value more money vs. the reputation of the Codenames franchise. Just because I personally wouldn't make that trade doesn't mean that everyone should feel that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottNotSteve wrote:
nbread wrote:

It's their decision of course, but as successful as Codenames has been, I'm not sure this is necessary to add to their success. Has the capacity to tarnish the brand.

Alternatively, if the further success of the Codenames series of games allows CGE to fund more heavier games in the future (in the same vein as Through the Ages, Alchemists, Tzolkin, etc.), then this might not turn out to be all bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pffffft. Nothing has been sullied and the brand is not being hurt in any way. Adult editions of party games have been a thing forever.

Telestrations After Dark, Would You Rather Sick Twisted and Wrong Edition, Loaded Questions Adult are just a few recent iterations. I remember "adult" versions of games going back decades. Not one of these ever damaged the classic edition's brand.

People who are interested will buy it, those aren't won't. Different strokes.

Sales of the original Codenames are not going to be hurt in the least and a ton of additional money is going to be made by CGE by people who do happen to enjoy the idea. People were already playing Codenames with CAH cards, they're just capitalizing on that. :shrug: More power to them.

As for the various exclusives I'm certain that if we're patient we'll have a shot at ALL of these at much deeper discounts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys do realize that people have been playing Codenames using actual Cards Against Humanity cards for some time now, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:

As for the various exclusives I'm certain that if we're patient we'll have a shot at ALL of these at much deeper discounts.

My thoughts exactly cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
nbread wrote:
Codenames was already a monster hit. There was no need to sully a modern classic. Can you imagine grandparents picking up the 2016 Game of the Year for the grandkids and picking this up by mistake? Uggh.

If grandparents are savvy enough to know that it was the 2016 game of the year, I think they could tell the difference between the regular and adult versions. I highly doubt they will ever slap the Spiel de Jahres label on the adult version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Gloomhaven
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmb
Have been debating Codenames Undercover and Game of 49 (not part of sale) for Target exclusive order. Was hoping for Baby Gigasaur version of King of Tokyo (will this even gets its own web page?)

Will probably place order because they're listing Secret of Dr. Gravely's Retreat in stock when nobody else is (although not part of sale, the first Escape the Room was super fun)

Suspicion looks like a multi-player Mr Jack. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it a Target exclusive or will it show up cheaper elsewhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
You fell in a pit on the first turn. Good job!
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up Evolution The Beginning. My wife and I have been considering picking up base Evolution, but this one looks like it will serve our needs quite well.

Was quite tempted by Codenames Deep Undercover, but in the end i don't think we play enough Codenames to need new words. Plus I'm already planning on picking up Codenames Pictures, and between that and regular Codenames that's one lotta Codenames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've reviewed Evolution: the Beginning over at Geeks Under Grace and I'll post it here soon. It's GREAT. Can't believe how cheap it is either. Quick card game with still some serious depth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could not be less interested in Codenames: sex jokes version. However, I am very interested in the other 3.

I'm curious if anyone has any further info on Machi Koro: Bright Lights, Big City? Looks like it has 202 cards, so my guess is, if it really is a re-skin, it must have some cards from the other expansions, or perhaps it is actually a new game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:

whistle

Agreed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Great Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
But, to be serious, this might be worth it for the diarrhea card...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stormy Waters
United States
Reminderville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Anyone know what this means for Machi Koro?

Quote:
Material: EVA foam

New card material?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.