Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: What is your game time like? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Thai
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
When I play by myself or especially with friends, games tend to be double the length listed for the quest. What are you game times like? Is it an all day affair for the last 3-hour quest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Twice the listed time seems to be realistic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
All you need is love :)
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
We usually need the stated time x 1.5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bos
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have found that I don't go under the time and most games are 1.5x to 2x the listed time. And I am okay with that as I have a lot of fun. The only time I seem to be close the listed time is when something is going horribly wrong and death is closing in...lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
A lot of it depends on how lucky the draws from the item deck are. If everyone gets what they are after in the first couple searches the game will go a lot faster than if everyone is sitting there with starting items and apples 30 minutes in (assuming that you don't die).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Long, unless it goes really well, or really poorly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Joseph (Jam) Ibanez III
Philippines
Taguig
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedShirtRob wrote:
I have found that I don't go under the time and most games are 1.5x to 2x the listed time. And I am okay with that as I have a lot of fun. The only time I seem to be close the listed time is when something is going horribly wrong and death is closing in...lol.

This. Oh so much this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rarely does a game seem to be even close to the listed play time. However, and as others have mentioned, it's such a fun game that it does not SEEM to take as long as it does.

That said, I feel that the relative length of a game is highly dependent on how familiar the game is to the other players. In games where there are one or more new players (or those folks who NEVER seem to learn the rules to any game), it's going to take longer. Whereas, games with people who know the game go relatively quickly.

Again though, the term relative is, well, relative.

But yeah, I don't think the OP is far off the mark in general.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the others, although last week we did a three-hour game in two and a half! We chat and have fun together as a group, so it's a social event for us, and the longer time doesn't matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clarke

Ewloe
Flintshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on what you mean by how long does it take. A 3 hours scenario can be over in minutes when you open a door with multiple wolfz in it! Or you can spend 3 hours getting close to winning and then get eaten. Generally it takes longer than the "official" time by a factor of 1.5 to 2 as most people have mentioned.

When I start writing scenarios for BP I'll try and put down how long it took us to play them through, rather than some odd estimate, surely they know how long the play test took?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Griner
United States
Byron
Georgia
flag msg tools
Black Lantern Leslie Nielsen is going to tear out your heart for Necron!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The last game we played, which was mission one of Wulfsburg, took 3 hours; a combination of give-or-take item draws and me getting stuck in the tower while everyone else fights to clear a path for me. shake

In hindsight, searching in that room in the tower wasn't a wise idea.zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
@troy We thought the point of mission one in Wolfsburg was to understand how the towers work - but we've played it twice and felt that going into the tower was a trap - so we didn't use them. Obviously your experience reinforces that theory!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.