Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Boylan
United States
Morrisville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you control the upgrade that allows you to repillage, can you do it over and over (for 2 rage each time of course?) My friend controlled Yggdrasil through crazy game play early in the second age. He was basically able to repillage at will and up all of his clan's attributes for two rage, easily getting to the +20 glory status. The rest of us were so decimated from the battle, we couldn't really stop him and it was clear he'd won the game before it was even halfway over. I assume we played it correctly, just seemed borderline broken. Did we play it right? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arry -
msg tools
badge
mbmb
Yes, you can do that.

The best way I know around the possibility of a big army in Yggdrassil involves two players: one plays Odin's Tide, and another a high battle card.

Next best way is going in for the first battle with just one figure to lose and force the big-army-player to lose his card, then on a repillage move in with your big army and a high card.

And another way (specific to your situtation) is to draft a crazy combo in the third age and defeat the player who maxed all stats in the second age.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

greenladdy wrote:
My friend controlled Yggdrasil through crazy game play early in the second age. He was basically able to repillage at will and up all of his clan's attributes for two rage, easily getting to the +20 glory status.

Yes, I was able to easily win a game by doing exactly that! My opponents were for some reason that I can't remember now, unable to kick me out of Yggdrasil, so I kept pillaging and re-pillaging. It definitely felt like an empty and unsatisfying win for me. But it was a win none the less (rare for me), so I took it!

Anyway, that doesn't happen all the time. Two games later I drafted the same card again, but was never able to make anything of it so it was wasted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.