$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Cheapass Games» Forums » General

Subject: What exactly was in the Cheapass bit packs? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Bennett
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.
mbmbmbmbmb
Famous for selling games which didn't include all the bits needed to play (the buyer was to scrounge them from other games), Cheapass also sold Bit Packs for a time to people who didn't want to scrounge. I'm just curious: what exactly was in the bit packs? If someone knows and can tell me, thank you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
captkiddeo wrote:
Famous for selling games which didn't include all the bits needed to play (the buyer was to scrounge them from other games), Cheapass also sold Bit Packs for a time to people who didn't want to scrounge. I'm just curious: what exactly was in the bit packs? If someone knows and can tell me, thank you.


Bit Packs were just a collection of pieces without any game. Just a box with pawns, dice and stuff like that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bennett
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.
mbmbmbmbmb
dinobottm2 wrote:
captkiddeo wrote:
Famous for selling games which didn't include all the bits needed to play (the buyer was to scrounge them from other games), Cheapass also sold Bit Packs for a time to people who didn't want to scrounge. I'm just curious: what exactly was in the bit packs? If someone knows and can tell me, thank you.


Bit Packs were just a collection of pieces without any game. Just a box with pawns, dice and stuff like that.


Yes, I do know that. That's why I used the word "exactly." I want to know exactly what stuff and how many and there is no page here listing those numbers. It's not important. I'm just curious.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, using the Wayback Machine (http://archive.com) I found that at least on 1 April 2004, the Ultimate Bitpack contained the following:

Quote:
The Ultimate Bits Pack (now sub-ultimate, since the Titanium Bits Pack is even ultimater) contains everything you need to play the majority of our games: eight colors of stones (20 of each), eight matching pawns and 6 sided dice, a brick of Cheapass Money, and a convenient box with a decorative rubber stamp.

If you're interested in getting a set of Poker Chips thrown in, look at the Titanium Bits Pack, or order your chips on their own here.


I'm guessing it varied over time, but I'll leave that to someone else to investigate.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bennett
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.
mbmbmbmbmb
patzer wrote:
Well, using the Wayback Machine (http://archive.com) I found that at least on 1 April 2004, the Ultimate Bitpack contained the following:

Quote:
The Ultimate Bits Pack (now sub-ultimate, since the Titanium Bits Pack is even ultimater) contains everything you need to play the majority of our games: eight colors of stones (20 of each), eight matching pawns and 6 sided dice, a brick of Cheapass Money, and a convenient box with a decorative rubber stamp.

If you're interested in getting a set of Poker Chips thrown in, look at the Titanium Bits Pack, or order your chips on their own here.


I'm guessing it varied over time, but I'll leave that to someone else to investigate.


Thank you! I see I've gone a bit beyond that in what I've scrounged up for my own "bit pack." Thanks for tracking that down.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.