Subject: District Tiles used rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read in another post that district tiles the players receive at the beginning of the game are the only ones a player can use.

Does that mean I could use all of them in my starting city if I wanted?

So the options are explore or use the mayor to place the other district tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S C
Germany
Zweibrücken
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
i guess nothing speaks against placing all in your starting city, but that would mean you cut yourself off of the other terrain types which are also needed for the more valueable goods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gnuarghl wrote:
i guess nothing speaks against placing all in your starting city, but that would mean you cut yourself off of the other terrain types which are also needed for the more valuable goods.

Got it. I just wish the rulebook was laid out a bit better and clearly spelled out how the district tiles are limited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S C
Germany
Zweibrücken
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
Probably a bit indirectly. It says that each player has certain amounts of tile-combinations in the setup description (page 6) The only way to place new districts is with the card actions. By exploring, or extending an existing place. (described in page 20)
Also note which way up the different cards place the districts! (Explorer vs. Mayor)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
SANJURO: You're all tough, then? GAMBLER: What? Kill me if you can! SANJURO: It'll hurt.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gnuarghl wrote:
Probably a bit indirectly. It says that each player has certain amounts of tile-combinations in the setup description (page 6) The only way to place new districts is with the card actions. By exploring, or extending an existing place. (described in page 20)
Also note which way up the different cards place the districts! (Explorer vs. Mayor)

I agree it's there in the rules and the cards, but I also found it slightly confusing at first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.