I'm not sure how to interpret:
Discard this at the start of your action phase if your gem pile totals an odd number.
Does that mean it must be discarded from your hand without being able to play it if e.g. you have gem pile total = 4?
Or does the "discard" condition only apply after the chip is in play (which would mean it would be tested at the start of the next action phase)?
I'd also appreciate a comment on the "Chip Notes" for this. It says:
You get the +arrow and +pig on the turn you play this, and you get them on a turn where you must discard it for having an odd gem pile total.
Does this reflect a general rule that "ongoing" chip effects are always applied before "the start of your action phase"?
You don't discard it unless it is in play. This is basically because the text of the chip is not in effect until it is played. So yeah, it's not tested until start of your next action phase
I think you get the +arrow and +pig because at the start of the action phase, three things happen simultaneously:
1) You get the +arrow from Patriot Mirror because it's in play at start of your action phase
2) You get the +pig from Patriot Mirror for same reason
3) You discard Patriot Mirror at start of action phase, but this doesn't take precedence over #1 and #2
Don't think this should matter for anything besides Patriot Mirror though.
- Last edited Mon Aug 1, 2016 9:26 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Mon Aug 1, 2016 9:25 am