Subject: Shaving the cards to fit KMC Perfect Fit sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Zhang
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
The cards are just slightly (maybe half mm?) too wide for the sleeves. Does anyone have experience shaving down card sides? Or any clever suggestions on how to make them fit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
how about buying sleeves that fit the cards and not the other way around?

I would never cut my cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Zhang
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
I bought the sleeves in bulk previously and have many left over. They fit most cards of standard (MTG) size perfectly. The cards for BH2045 however are just slightly larger than standard size - no idea why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
teekay 96
United States
Roselle
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If you ever get the expansions, be aware that those are also a different size from the base set adding to you problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can create a stack of cards and clamp them down very tightly and use sandpaper or a file to shave a little of the paper off. I do this with PnP cards to make them all the same size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Zhang
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
danlicata wrote:
You can create a stack of cards and clamp them down very tightly and use sandpaper or a file to shave a little of the paper off. I do this with PnP cards to make them all the same size.

Do you have a trick to make sure you sandpaper evenly and flatly? I'm afraid of a result where the card edges are not straight anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cim2phat4u wrote:
danlicata wrote:

Do you have a trick to make sure you sandpaper evenly and flatly? I'm afraid of a result where the card edges are not straight anymore.

There are holders for sandpaper on which you can strap it to create a flat surface of sandpaper.
This should ensure an even application.

But as said, the cards will probably end up looking different anyhow so I would still advise you to not do it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Where is your rope?
mbmbmbmbmb
KMC Perfect Fits are my personal favorite sleeve. For the right games, they really do offer the most perfect fit.

Unfortunately, Baseball Highlights is not one of them. I would second the recommendation to just buy the right sleeves. If you are the kind of person who cares enough to sleeve the game, will you ever be happy if you have to look at slightly mangled cards in sleeves?

For me, the Mayday Standard Greens worked very well. Two packs of 100 including first class shipping are under $7 direct from Mayday. In my opinion is doesn't seem worth the time, hassle, or risk to modify the cards to fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

KMC Perfect Fit cards are indeed awesome for a lot of games.. and I love them.

I do however, also love KMC Hyper Mat cards - and these are superb with Baseball Highlights. Everyone has commented on the look and feel with the cards housed in these black beauties.

So as others have said - don't shave down any cards if you don't have to.

Enjoy the game, Steve

PS: Let's go Bucs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muad Dib wrote:
cim2phat4u wrote:
danlicata wrote:

There are holders for sandpaper on which you can strap it to create a flat surface of sandpaper.
This should ensure an even application.

But as said, the cards will probably end up looking different anyhow so I would still advise you to not do it

Yeah I should have stated that I do not think this is a good idea. Also I just use a block of wood for the sandpaper.

Best bet is to test this out on some playing cards or something to see if you like the result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.