Subject: Two players with same artist signature rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roberto Verde
Italy
Caserta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. Sorry if this was already answered but I'm in the middle of my first game.

If two players have the same artist X, and player A increases the fame of X, does B move his signature up on the "track with the stars"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hindmarch
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
totonno wrote:
Hi. Sorry if this was already answered but I'm in the middle of my first game.

If two players have the same artist X, and player A increases the fame of X, does B move his signature up on the "track with the stars"?

Of course! It is the artist who has increased in fame, and therefore his works go up in value

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tan
Malaysia
Cheras
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. And we always double check the current ratings of the artist during sales too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Verde
Italy
Caserta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all, it is as I thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although it of course makes sense, I always seem to have trouble finding the rule in the rulebook on this. So just for reference: Page 14, under Fame and Celebrity Status:

Whenever the Fame of an Artist increases to the next Fame symbol, any Works of Art increase in value, and Players adjust the Signature tokens accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Grabiner
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can even promote an artist whose work you do not own; other players will gain the benefit. You might do this if you have a commission, and I once did it late in the game just to score the $5 for creating a celebrity and 10 influence from the action (-2 to promote, but five VIPs and two collectors in my gallery).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.