Hide
9 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Sticker Alternative rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I was thinking instead of just using the stickers on the board, you could make tokens out of them by sticking them to cardstock then use velcro dots to attach them to the board, that way they could easily be removed.

Seems like it would work pretty well if you ever plan on resetting your game.

Anyone tried to do something similiar with their legacy games before?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some (very) simular threads:
- Stickers
- Multiple Groups- What Does That Look Like?
- Status: does this game still physically self destruct? Have they agreed to provide PDF files for all self destructing components?
- A way to play without marking up the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Scanning seems to be a popular choice. I was obsessed on trying to find the perfect way to reset the game but I stopped. I really don't think after you finish a legacy game there is a whole lot of desire to replay since everything is spoiled. I could be wrong but they aren't designed for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
malkaven wrote:
Scanning seems to be a popular choice. I was obsessed on trying to find the perfect way to reset the game but I stopped. I really don't think after you finish a legacy game there is a whole lot of desire to replay since everything is spoiled. I could be wrong but they aren't designed for it.

I never got why spoilers would be a problem, I mean people replay video games, rewatch movies and reread books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the reason why you do not need to reset Gloomhaven is different:
You can simply still play all the scenarios and use all the classes even once everything is unlocked. Resetting isn't going to make very much of a difference compared to just starting a new campaign in the old world.

(And this is assuming you've actually gone through all 70-80 or however many unique scenarios there are. I think not many people are actually going to get that far. At least not quickly.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kameron
msg tools
To me, using the term 'legacy' with respect to Gloomhaven is of limited value. The gameplay isn't really that 'legacy', it just has a really advanced, awesome campaign mode like Descent but a billion times better.

If you want, just don't play on campaign mode - open everything, pick the characters you want, pick the scenario you want, and play!

(just don't do any enchanting, which is an add-on anyway)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
If the OP is looking for ways to reset the game then I'm going to assume that not playing the campaign is the exact opposite of what they are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the designer in another thread about reseting/not using the stickers:

Cephalofair wrote:

I just wanted to reiterate that the game is never rendered unplayable. First of all, the campaign can take over 100 hours to fully explore (this isn't a "play 15 times and you're done" sort of thing), and even then, you never destroy or alter components that would make any scenario in the scenario book impossible to play. Plus there's the random dungeon deck...basically, I've anticipated your concerns, and I have you covered.

As well as from another person working on Gloomhaven, one of the artists;

mcscowl wrote:
Hi!

So I'll chime in on what the materials to reset will be.

We will provide:

• A blank map that you can print out and place the stickers on.
• The map location sticker sheets.
• The enhancement sticker sheet.
• The stickers that are used to seal the locked character boxes so you can reseal them if you'd like.
• All the character pads and the party pad.
• We decided to number every card in the game to make it easier for you to identify missing cards and also so we can provide a document describing what cards belong in what boxes/envelopes. That'll be available as well.

I think that should cover all the stuff that is altered during the game. It's really not as much as most legacy games. We have stickers on the map, stickers on the character cards (which can be applied on a sleeve), the character sheets for book keeping (which there are multiple per character in the box), the sealed character boxes, a few sealed envelopes, and check boxes in the scenario book if you'd like to check them off as you complete them, but you don't have to. That's pretty much it.

Let me know if you have any more questions about what's provided or have any suggestions on things you think should be available for reseting that isn't listed above.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Westphal
msg tools
mbmb
Put the map in a poster frame, hang it on the wall, and use wet or dry erase markers on the clear plastic over the map. Out of the way, and easily erased away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.