Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

So I kick-started the clubhouse expansion and received a copy of the base game and all the pomp and circumstance that goes with it. Got it on Friday and played my first game with my wife on Saturday.

She was hesitant at first. She's never been that strong of a gamer and doesn't enjoy a lot of game mechanics because she doesn't like fighting and killing even fictional things. But she was willing to give a non-combat game a try. She loves baseball, and that helped.

She chose her starting lineup and I my pitchers, then we went at it. She pops a fly ball to outfield and gets a double, followed by a walk which gave her runners on 1st and 2nd. By this time she was really getting in to the stare down, but I was able to strike the next two batters out with little fight. I switched in my backup pitcher and little Hannah Cait walks out onto the plate. She lets one ball fly by, then grits down, digs in, and smacks it as hard as she can to the outfield. It's going....going....almost there.... And my center fielder jumps up to make contact with the ball....as it tips off his glove for the 3 run homer.

My wife had rolled a 6 and a 6 on a s4, and I rolled a 5, just barely missing it. She decided to have all her little meeple run the bases then carry Hannah off on their shoulders. My pitcher threw his "hat" (the red fatigue token) on the ground in defeat.

Needless to say, she is looking very much forward to our next game, and I imagine Hannah will be making a fair number of appearances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mullins
United States
Lincoln University
PA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's always my turn.
mbmbmbmbmb

My daughter couldn't be more proud! Thanks for the write-up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.