Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To get or not to get. That is the question.

I am rebuilding my entire collection and I was wondering if I should bother getting the HWK-290 expansion. I already had it once, but never really used it. Does anyone actually use this ship regularly? Is it even worth having? If you found a good use for it, please share.

The only real reason to have it is for nostalgic reasons since it was the ship from the Dark Forces computer game back in the mid-90s. Also, that is why the HWK-290 expansion looks simplistic and a little ugly. Back when Dark Forces came out, computer graphics were nothing like what they are today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are very good (or at least, annoying) scum pilots for the HWK. It can also serve as a turret platform and crew carrier for rebels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are also good as a reasonably small based ship to fill in for a couple of missions. Like the Senator's shuttle Mission 1.

I still use the token but having a miniature is visually more appealing. It is a miniature game after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be one of the last expansion packs I get, but I will probably end up getting one HWK-290 to fill out the collection. Actually, to be honest would rather have the HWK-290 than some of these newer expansion packs being released.

As for the Senator's shuttle, the HWK would make a good stand-in. Like Ken said, "It is a miniature game after all."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.