Subject: Destroyer resupplying at ice station rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xavier GALLERI
France
Montigny-le-Bretonneux
flag msg tools
Hi,

I've checked forums and FAQ and I'm wondering how to deal with destroyer resupplying at an ice station.

First, as far as I understand, such an action is *NOT* ending the destroyer movement (only RAS and hitting a minefield is). Is that correct?

Now, I'm wondering how to deal with the fuel consumption and its recording. For instance, imagine the case of a destroyer with a fuel level at 20, making a 12-squares trip to arrive at 0 fuel exactly in an ice station. Can she leaves the station now that there is more fuel in her tanks?

If ok, imagine she makes a 2-squares further move. Is that costing her 5 or 10 fuel from the newly provided supply?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Benford
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Xavier

gzavatwar wrote:
I've checked forums and FAQ and I'm wondering how to deal with destroyer resupplying at an ice station. First, as far as I understand, such an action is *NOT* ending the destroyer movement (only RAS and hitting a minefield is). Is that correct?

You are correct. See rule book page 10: Movement A Destroyer may move, take an action such as a sonar search or a refuel at a Station, then move again.

gzavatwar wrote:
Now, I'm wondering how to deal with the fuel consumption and its recording. For instance, imagine the case of a destroyer with a fuel level at 20, making a 12-squares trip to arrive at 0 fuel exactly in an ice station. Can she leaves the station now that there is more fuel in her tanks?

Yes. A destroyer may move into and out of an ice-station in the same move as in rule quoted above. (Note: unless the weather prevents entry: Storm Level 6).

gzavatwar wrote:
If ok, imagine she makes a 2-squares further move. Is that costing her 5 or 10 fuel from the newly provided supply?

Fuel used for 2 square move = 10

In your example:
Fuel level at start = 20 units.
Move to Ice Station =12 squares = 20 fuel used. Fuel level remaining = 0.
Embark fuel at Ice-Station (e.g. 1 container token = 50 units). Fuel level now 50 units.
Move 2 squares = 10 fuel used.
Fuel level remaining 40 units.

As you can see, an uninterrupted move of 14 squares (25 fuel) is more fuel efficient than a move of 14 squares divided into two stages i.e. 12 + 2 (20 + 10 = 30 fuel). Rule book page 10: Movement Each move should be counted separately in terms of fuel use, but the total distance moved in a turn must not exceed 18 squares.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier GALLERI
France
Montigny-le-Bretonneux
flag msg tools
Hi,

Thx a lot for your quick answer! This helps, actually!

Now, this case was a borderline case. But, more generally, that should be the same behaviour no matter the remaining fuel when arriving at the ice station. Correct?

Also, I suppose that the only-one action for search and attack could take place indifferently either before or after resupplying at an ice station. Do you confirm too?

Thx a lot!

Xavier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Benford
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
gzavatwar wrote:
Now, this case was a borderline case. But, more generally, that should be the same behaviour no matter the remaining fuel when arriving at the ice station. Correct?

Yes that's right. The only consideration is that the amount of fuel carried by a destroyer cannot exceed 100% and so any remainders would be lost.

gzavatwar wrote:
Also, I suppose that the only-one action for search and attack could take place indifferently either before or after resupplying at an ice station. Do you confirm too?

Correct again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier GALLERI
France
Montigny-le-Bretonneux
flag msg tools
Thank you very much for your kind answers

Xavier
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.