Panzer Leader» Forums » Rules

Subject: Panzer Leader Player Reference Coming Soon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Weaver
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shortly, a Panzer Leader Player Reference should appear in the Files section. I uploaded it yesterday, and it is undergoing BGG approval.

The first page has an expanded sequence of play, including a summary of combat procedures. I omitted Airpower in this version, but might include that in a future version (the Airpower content is included on p. 19 of my earlier Panzer Leader Rules file posting).

The second page combines the combat charts onto a single page, like the approach in PanzerBlitz. I needed to condense the TEC wording a bit; however, I think I still captured all TEC content, just with altered wording in a few places (and added clarification in one place). The TEC uses map art from the Imaginative Strategist, as done in my Panzer Leader Rules file. Two errors were corrected in the TET: 1) typo in note '*' for Ground to Slope, and 2) missing note '**' in Hilltop to Ground. Also, the TET '*' notation was replaced with reference numbers. The WEC wording was condensed, mostly using simple mathematical notation (e.g., <, >, 2x, 1/2). Note 3 in the TET and Note 5 in the WEC were simplified from the needlessly verbose (in my mind) versions in the originals. There is not room for the AA Table, and so this is the reason I omitted Airpower from the first page. There are a few other features added here and there.

The initial file posting is Rev0. While waiting for BGG approval, I've tinkered around a little more to improve the look and consistency with the original charts (my goal was to achieve what Avalon Hill "might have done" and keep the look familiar). So, Rev1 will follow soon.

More importantly, I welcome any feedback on errors or any issues introduced through my alterations, which I will include in Rev1 or later revisions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Weaver
United States
California
flag msg tools
Rev1 was uploaded this morning, so it should appear some time tomorrow. The mods are mostly a cleaner choice of grid line use, bringing the look more into harmony with the originals. I did need to reword my version of Note 5 in the WEC to fully capture the original intent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Weaver
United States
California
flag msg tools
Rev2 is now available. It makes a few adjustments, and is likely the final version, barring any error reports.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.