Popular Tags: [View All]
Geek Grrrl
South Africa
North Coast
KZN
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all,

Despite its problems and it being abandoned by WotC, my housemate and I remain huge fans of Dungeon Command, and have gradually houseruled it to fit our tastes.

One of our main criticisms of the game revolves around the treasure collecting phase of the game, where collected treasure equates directly to increased Morale. Aside from being quite boring & routine, we feel that it really just extends the game unnecessarily, and so we came up with a set of Item cards and acompanying rules to replace the Morale gain. We find that treasure cards add a really interesting angle to the game, as these items can be shared between allies, or taken from enemies, and since they provide significant advantages, become tactical objectives in their own right. They also serve to make the game much more lethal, which means shorter, more exciting games.

The rules we use are simple:

Cards are divided by set symbol colour to form two draw piles. Whenever a creature picks up treasure, instead of Morale gain, the player draws a card from their pile. If they happen to get the drop on an opponent and pick up treasure in their "half" of the board, an item card is drawn from that player's pile instead.

Items attach to creatures unless indicated otherwise, and for all intents function like an attached order, save that they can be voluntarily dropped or picked up, and aren't subject to effects that remove attached Orders. Items may be exchanged between allies at the cost of a Minor action, as long as neither is adjacent to an enemy. Items may still be exchanged with an enemy adjacent, but then at the cost of a Standard action, from either of the two allies.

I'm planning to upload the entire card set & GIMP template as soon as I get the time, but in the meantime all the cards are uploaded in my user gallery. I would really appreciate anybody's feedback, especially as far as game balance & playability are concerned.

Thanks all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Gingras
Canada
Sorel-Tracy
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are great. I haven't played the game in a while but at first glance they seem perfectly balanced. For completeness' sake, it would be nice to have something which also gives the WIS and CHR traits.

Thanks for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geek Grrrl
South Africa
North Coast
KZN
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Aimon wrote:
These are great. I haven't played the game in a while but at first glance they seem perfectly balanced. For completeness' sake, it would be nice to have something which also gives the WIS and CHR traits.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks!

I'm working on a second set, so will definitely include a Wis/Cha booster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geek Grrrl
South Africa
North Coast
KZN
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Zip file of all the cards + rules is up:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/135194/dungeon-command-it...

I forgot to include the GIMP template, but I've uploaded that seperately, so it should be approved shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.