Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I mentioned the miscut sub pieces in my runthrough video, and Iello commented about it on Youtube:

Quote:
We noticed the mis-cut submarines while finishing the US edition. We had the printer include replacement pieces in the US version, and I believe they sent replacement pieces to the French office. Definitely a bummer, but the issue should be fixed right out of the gate!

Hopefully this means we can contact the French Iello customer service to get replacements...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Customer Service, Translator, Webmaster, Reviewer Contact for IELLO USA
badge
Ask me stuff! I'll help you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: For those with the French 1st Edition
Definitely! It's sav@iello.fr for France, and info@iellogames.com for US (though this version shouldn't have any problems).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Svensson
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted Iello through their info@iellogames.com adress/support form... Haven't received a reply or even confirmation yet.

Guess I have the US version (distributed by Esdevium in England). I work in a game store in Stockholm, Sweden, and brought a copy of Oceanos home with me when we received it.

The green submarine pieces (propeller and motor) are not compatible when upgrading from level 1 to 2.

Just to let people know that there could still be a problem with the US version as well...

Hopefully Iello will notice... :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
26 october
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, there is a problem with the english version, as well....
I'm almost crying, after receiving one of the most beautiful games I've seen, with an impressive cardboard (thickest ever), we started playing (green and violet) and both these submarines have problems. I bet it's the same with the rest of the colours, but I couldn't see this, I just put it in the box! What should I do, apart from advising all my friends not to buy the game? gulp
I wonder, nobody tried to fit the pieces in the factory, before sealing them and shipping to the stores? I used to like Iello very much, what happened?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some clarifications about this:
There was indeed a mistake withe the cutting of the level-1 propeller and motor on the green submarine ("JAWS"). For an unknown reason, our manufacturer didn't follow the cutting lines we provided… cry
We spotted the problem when we received the games at our French HQ (the game is produced in the Netherlands), and it was too late to fix the issue in the copies sold in Europe.
We had our manufacturer produce the proper propeller pieces, though, and we will happily send one to anyone sending a message with their mailing address to sav@iello.fr (this is our customer contact for all Europe, not only France ).
As for our lucky American friends, we had the replacement pieces sent there fast enough so our US team could include them in all the copies they have before going to Gen Con or sending them to retailers. So the problem should be inexistent for anyone buying an English version outside of Europe.

As for the other submarines, there should be no major issues of the sort with them, as our cutting patterns were strictly observed for them. Some jigsaw pieces could be a bit tight a first, but it should loosen the more games you play.

I hope this clears things up for all of you (if not, just let me know).
Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Svensson
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

"I am currently on leave .
I take note of your message when I return on August 22 .

If your message relates to a request for service , you may return to sav@iello.fr One of my colleagues take my relay.

While playfully ,

Kévin JOST"

From Google Translate. Hopefully there is someone else at the Iello office... :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magnum70 wrote:
Hopefully there is someone else at the Iello office...
Yes, don't worry: our colleague Xavier is handling customer service while Kévin is off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

I wonder why they decided to go with jigsaw type locks, rather than (say) wavy edge profiles?

The aquarium piece looks a bit fiddly to remove (locked to 3 other pieces), and I'd be worried that the locks will easily damage/wear out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a confermation that my replace parts will be send out tommorow, so i'm sure they will respond to anyone els that have send an email.
Got a reply within 3 day's, really fast responce and fast solution aswel.
Thx Iello for the good service
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
badge
All that I need is this moment
mbmbmbmbmb
Ι got a response from IELLO immediately, and on the next day my replacement part was sent!
Excellent customer service indeed!!!

Thank you IELLO! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuel Rätväg
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I guess we that bought the 1st edition late have to wait for the reprints?

I got my game the 17'th October on my birthday and emailed the customer support at iellos homepage since i noteiced some submarine parts didn't fit. They replied quickly and told me they redirected my email to iello france. I didn't recieve any reply of confirmation after that so i emailed iello france directly the 22nd but havn't recieved any reply as of yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roadway wrote:
They replied quickly and told me they redirected my email to iello france. I didn't recieve any reply of confirmation after that so i emailed iello france directly the 22nd but havn't recieved any reply as of yet.

Would you mind sending me another email? France was reworking their customer service position last month, so I'm not sure they saw your message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, our customer service in Europe has understaffed those last few weeks, and Essen put us quite behind… We're currently recruiting and should be catching up soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roadway wrote:
I guess we that bought the 1st edition late have to wait for the reprints?

I got my game the 17'th October on my birthday and emailed the customer support at iellos homepage since i noteiced some submarine parts didn't fit. They replied quickly and told me they redirected my email to iello france. I didn't recieve any reply of confirmation after that so i emailed iello france directly the 22nd but havn't recieved any reply as of yet.
Sorry our European Customer Service is currently understaffed, and is quite behind. We're currently recruiting a new staff member, and working on catching up with the requests.

But as I wrote before, the only known issue with the piece cut of Oceanos is with the level-1 propeller for the JAWS submarine. A replacement part should be included in all the games by now, but we'll send it for free if you got one of the copies sold before we caught the problem.
As for the other submarines, some jigsaw pieces could be a bit tight a first, but it should loosen the more games you play (like a pair of new shoes… ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
About this issue,
I guess they already included the replacement part inside the box for new edition?
Or it's another issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Chua
msg tools
mb
I read thru the thread, seems like the included the replacements in the box for USA first edition.

I have a question for IELLO though. If I bought Oceanos from Amazon US to ship to my country in Asia.
If the pieces are still iffy, would I be entitled to a replacement as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nuriko_sankc wrote:
I read thru the thread, seems like the included the replacements in the box for USA first edition.

I have a question for IELLO though. If I bought Oceanos from Amazon US to ship to my country in Asia.
If the pieces are still iffy, would I be entitled to a replacement as well?

Yes, we included a replacement part for one of the subs in the first edition box.

I'd be happy to send you replacements! I would wait a couple weeks before ordering though. We just got our 2nd printing, and those issues should be fixed now. Amazon was out of stock for awhile, so next time you see it in stock, it should be the better version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
daloester wrote:
Yes, we included a replacement part for one of the subs in the first edition box.

I'd be happy to send you replacements! I would wait a couple weeks before ordering though. We just got our 2nd printing, and those issues should be fixed now. Amazon was out of stock for awhile, so next time you see it in stock, it should be the better version.

I am wondering why the publisher designed these pieces to mechanically lock together? Aren't they just tiles that sit next to each other? I can't see any good reasons or practical advantages for this choice, only difficulties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Goodman
msg tools
Sign.soblue
This is one major setback of this wonderful creation.
Just got a copy today. US verion.
80% of the pieces doesn't fit.

A suggestion to the designer: Dont think of those pieces as jigsaw pizzles (which you wouldn't undo after completion). You need to intentionally make the holes a little bit larger than the studs (Say, 0.5mm bigger) so that there is enough space for frequent swapping.

Now I am trying to figure out a way to enlarge the holes with minimum demage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.