3 Posts

Warhammer: Diskwars» Forums » Variants

Subject: Helstorm Rocket Battery (UM) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Olvmyr
Sweden
flag msg tools
So, here is my first atempt at making a custom unit. A Helstorm Rocket Battery, Basicly its a conversion of a Helstorm Volley gun that is cheaper but dies after 2 uses. Feel free to critisize and make suggestions.

Btw, does anyone know what fonts are used in the text of the original disks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
My comment is that even if it only gets two shots, it's still incredibly effective for it's cost. Most archers can expect to get maybe 3 shots off per game if they're lucky and 3 dice with d6 damage is quite a threat. At 5 points it's almost certainly a bargain.

Now admittedly the size make it so that stacking huge quantities of them may not be effective. Possibly could be another use for the 'garrison' card so that you don't have to overstock your deployment zone. Even with this limitation though, I think you'll find that on average they trade up.

I would suggest that you either increase the price very slightly or that you let them keep the elite tag. There's nothing that says that elite units must be expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Olvmyr
Sweden
flag msg tools
Hi

Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking about 1) pricing it at 6, b) making it long range only or c) making it a elite unit.

In the end i settled for only making it an elite unit, the smallest change. I Think one of the reasons it balances itself is that by killing itself its a garanteed kill for the opponent. Many times in our games the warmachines are one of the few units left standing at the end of the game.

Picture edited accordingly. I also cleaned up som dirty pixels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.