Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sven Dye
United States
Abingdon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this expansion that came with KS version just extra event cards to mix in with deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the BGG page of Islebound: Metropolis Expansion:

"An expansion pack of 40 new building cards, and 2 new reputation cards."

I was actually hoping that the expansion would come with more event cards as well. Haven't played the game yet, but I think I'll make some more event cards myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anny48 wrote:
From the BGG page of Islebound: Metropolis Expansion:

"An expansion pack of 40 new building cards, and 2 new reputation cards."

I was actually hoping that the expansion would come with more event cards as well. Haven't played the game yet, but I think I'll make some more event cards myself.

In the 3 games I've played so far, we've yet to go through all the Events. It's been a 2P, 3P and 4P game. In the 3P game we mostly ignored them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The main reason I would want to make new ones is to create more variety.
Like I said, I haven't played the game yet (still waiting for it to arrive), but my first impression from watching Rahdo Runs Through was that it would be nice to have more variety in event cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see that. I can also say that in my three games, we have now stopped reading them. . We look at were the event marker goes, place it, see what is required to do the event and that's it. I started reading them in the first couple of games but people just wanted to keep the game moving. So while some on the same ones have come up its not been a big deal for my group. We've also had the two events be in the same spot.

We all enjoy the stories in Above and Below, but the events in this game seem a bit pasted on and not as interesting. We just want to know what is required (shows it on the bottom iconography w/o having to read) and where to go to beat the other person there.

I've also found it changes game to game at how many events are used. If people are using serpents/pirates to conquer instead of ally, then it can be a bit of a slog to fill up the influence track on your own to get to the higher numbers or start to fill it and have another player swoop in and place cubes after you've built it up before you get enough or the chance to move to the town to ally with it.

It's a fun game and I enjoy it. It just has a lot more decisions and strategy than A&B, and therefore the game changes a lot depending on who you are playing with and their play style.

Re Metropolis, I've not opened the deck and looked at the cards yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.