Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig W
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Hi all, wondering if someone is able to help clarify the Barracks building for me.

The card reads "+4 renown when you conquer a player's port."

I read this to mean that you only get the +4 renown when you conquer the player's home port. Is that right? Or does "port" in this case apply to any town currently belonging to another player?

I haven't played this game a ton yet, but in the former case it seems like this would be a rare occurrence - and certainly unlikely to happen more than once per game... right?

Thanks!

Craig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it's any port a player owns so if a player conquered another port then it would apply so it's not just the home port

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
I believe it's any port a player owns so if a player conquered another port then it would apply so it's not just the home port

This. Any port they own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
crwills wrote:
Hi all, wondering if someone is able to help clarify the Barracks building for me.

The card reads "+4 renown when you conquer a player's port."

I read this to mean that you only get the +4 renown when you conquer the player's home port. Is that right? Or does "port" in this case apply to any town currently belonging to another player?

I haven't played this game a ton yet, but in the former case it seems like this would be a rare occurrence - and certainly unlikely to happen more than once per game... right?

Thanks!

Craig

It means any port a player owns, which specifically means any of the home ports on the corners of the board. Island regions anywhere else are referred to as "towns".

If this card gave 4 points each time a player conquered a player-owned town, it would be too powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.