Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Walton
United States
Springfield
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Crowz have a rule that says "they also ignore game effects that prevent them from staying in a Zone.". I'm not sure what this means. What are some examples of the game effects this rule is referring to?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I can think of are the Security Zones from modern Zombicide. The Crowz exist in both games, so that rule probably just got copied over, or they are just future proofing in case we ever get an equivalent to SZs in a future season of Black Plague.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Ses
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps it means skills like shove can't be used to move the crowz out of their space. That would make sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
msg tools
SimonSes wrote:
Perhaps it means skills like shove can't be used to move the crowz out of their space. That would make sense.

This. Also Repulse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shove and Repulse would still work. Those don't stop you from staying in your Zone, they physically move you to a different Zone. There's enough difference there that the wording wouldn't apply.

If they wanted it to refer to Repulse and Shove, there are much better wordings that could have been chosen.

So yeah, I think this really just refers to something akin to Security Zones that we just haven't seen yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Maybe reference to ice blast?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooperton wrote:
Maybe reference to ice blast?

Ice Blast does the opposite, forcing them to stay in a Zone rather than forcing them from not being in the Zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
msg tools
Clipper wrote:
Shove and Repulse would still work. Those don't stop you from staying in your Zone, they physically move you to a different Zone. There's enough difference there that the wording wouldn't apply.

If they wanted it to refer to Repulse and Shove, there are much better wordings that could have been chosen.

So yeah, I think this really just refers to something akin to Security Zones that we just haven't seen yet.

I don't see how it wouldn't be the same. Shove and Repulse move you, which in other words prevents you from staying in the zone. If I want to not go anywhere, then someone shoves me, they are preventing me from staying where I am. Sure there are better ways to word it, but CMON hasn't historically been the best with verbage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hoodwink99 wrote:
I don't see how it wouldn't be the same. Shove and Repulse move you, which in other words prevents you from staying in the zone. If I want to not go anywhere, then someone shoves me, they are preventing me from staying where I am. Sure there are better ways to word it, but CMON hasn't historically been the best with verbage.

It's specifically because there are effects in other versions of Zombicide that do have a difference between moving you to a new Zone and not allowing you to stay in a Zone. The Security Zone doesn't allow you to stop your movement inside of it and forces Actors to return to the Zone they came from if they would end movement there.

Here is the equivalent rule from modern Zombicide's box of Crowz:

Z:MoC Rules wrote:
3- Being flying pests, Murders of Crows ignore
ALL obstacles hindering or preventing move-
ment when they move (including barricades,
closed doors, Hole Zones, observation tow-
ers, and walls). They also ignore game effects
preventing them from staying in a Zone, like
Rubble or Security Zones.

Note that the only real change here between modern and Black Plague is that they removed the examples of Rubble and Security Zones because they don't exist yet in Black Plague.

Thus, the rule is there so that they follow the same rules in both versions of the game. There are no effects yet that prevent you staying in a Zone in Black Plague yet, but there may be in future. Rubble, which I had forgotten about earlier, is a prime example of something that might show up in a future Black Plague Season.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
msg tools
I'll agree to that then. Makes sense. Still think the verbage sucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Andrews
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
There's a couple/several times where the rules say things that seem to be just general statements and not necessarily specific rules.

I looked at the Crows statement to simply mean that they can always move, nothing stops them. Not walls, not towers, not fences, not if sealed in a building, nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.