Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During our ongoing game we looked into the future use of Beachead.

Could not find it defined as a hex. Why I am asking is the stacking limit on the "full" side.

Or maybe too many ground units will end up with a stacking disaster when they are moved into a hex?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, there are two sides to a BH

the 'airplane side' which has 3 small dots, meaning the stackign is limited to 3 steps and the BH attack modifier is -2.

The 'naval side' which allows normal stacking and has the BH at -1.

There is no 'full' side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know.
Did not remember what naval side was called when typing this. (I used the "") The game is not at my home now.

Could not find in the rules that naval side is defined as a hex (with normal stacking limit).
The flip side is OK with 3 blue dots. And the column shifts are also printed on both sides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The hex itself is the sea hex the BH marker is in. BH markers do not create hexes, but function as per 14.5. Stacking limits are described in section 9.

I can see what you mean, why it is unclear that a BH -1 marker has the full stacking limit, but it does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course - a sea hex is a hex. Simple. How could I miss that?

THANKS!
thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.