GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

10,166 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Mice and Mystics: Downwood Tales» Forums » Rules

Subject: Firebelly Newts - What does cheese do if they miss? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If a Firebelly Newt shoots and rolls sword + cheese, what happens to the cheese?

* Is the target set on fire without taking initial damage?
or
* Is that cheese added to the wheel?
or
* Is that cheese completely ignored?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The target is set on fire, and no damage is done.

(Also, no defense is rolled by the target because no hits were rolled.)

With any attack/defense roll, the cheese and the damage (if any) are seperate things that don't depend on each other.
When normally all cheese rolled would go to the cheese wheel, with the newts one of them will instead set the target on fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, the literal wording leads to this conclusion (and I was actually thankful for being set on fire rather than triggering a Surge, during the last scene of Chapter 2-B). But I wasn't sure if there was errata about this only happening on a successful attack and couldn't find anything.

(It's been a few months since I picked up the game and I was hobbling through the basic rules as well; good to see you're still here, Teeka)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome! I'll gladly answer any questions, no matter how long it's been since the game came out.

I've also had a few times where the fire effect actually saved me from a surge, by the way. That's why usually the newts are my last targets (first are those damn frogs...).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Ford
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teeka wrote:
(first [targets] are those damn frogs...).

And sometimes the second... and then the third... and then the fourth... and then the "WOULD YOU STOP JUMPING OUT OF THE WAY!!!"
laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.