$15.00
$5.00
$30.00
$20.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Battle of Durak» Forums » Rules

Subject: Surrender and Vaporize rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Popov Victor
msg tools
I have a question regarding Surrender. I understand how this works as an offensive spell: you attack the opponent and force them to retreat and take into their hand all the cards that have been played. What I don't understand is how does it work as a defensive spell? Can I use it when I'm attacked and force the ATTACKER to retreat?

How does Vaporize work as a offensive or defensive spell? What cards can I vaporize? only the ones in my hand or just the ones that have already been played in the play area?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedor Sosnin
United States
Sparks
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
A 2-4 player Trick-Taking card game with devastating skill cards & unique gameplay.
mbmbmbmbmb
bubu91 wrote:
I have a question regarding Surrender. I understand how this works as an offensive spell: you attack the opponent and force them to retreat and take into their hand all the cards that have been played. What I don't understand is how does it work as a defensive spell? Can I use it when I'm attacked and force the ATTACKER to retreat?

How does Vaporize work as a offensive or defensive spell? What cards can I vaporize? only the ones in my hand or just the ones that have already been played in the play area?


Surrender: Surrender can be used on any opponent either when you are attacking someone or if you are being attacked. So technically, you can make anyone but yourself take the cards in the play area. This is especially powerful when you play 3 or 4 player games. If you are being attacked, you can even force the attacker to retreat using Surrender.

Vaporize:
Attacking: You can Vaporize a card from your hand or your card from the play area as long as it is NOT defended and take the card out of the game.
Defending: If you are attacked with a card, you can Vaporize it before you defend against it and take the card out of the game.

Best,
Fedor
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Popov Victor
msg tools
Battle of Durak wrote:
bubu91 wrote:
I have a question regarding Surrender. I understand how this works as an offensive spell: you attack the opponent and force them to retreat and take into their hand all the cards that have been played. What I don't understand is how does it work as a defensive spell? Can I use it when I'm attacked and force the ATTACKER to retreat?

How does Vaporize work as a offensive or defensive spell? What cards can I vaporize? only the ones in my hand or just the ones that have already been played in the play area?


Surrender: Surrender can be used on any opponent either when you are attacking someone or if you are being attacked. So technically, you can make anyone but yourself take the cards in the play area. This is especially powerful when you play 3 or 4 player games. If you are being attacked, you can even force the attacker to retreat using Surrender.

Vaporize:
Attacking: You can Vaporize a card from your hand or your card from the play area as long as it is NOT defended and take the card out of the game.
Defending: If you are attacked with a card, you can Vaporize it before you defend against it and take the card out of the game.

Best,
Fedor


thank you !

i find it hard to understand why an attacker would want to use vaporize on a card that they just played in the play area, before it would be defended against
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedor Sosnin
United States
Sparks
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
A 2-4 player Trick-Taking card game with devastating skill cards & unique gameplay.
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say you had two 6s and an 8 in your hand. You could put down the 8 and vaporize it, then proceed to attack with a 6 followed by your other six. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to attack with all three cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Popov Victor
msg tools
ok got it

i have another question regarding Fury. i don't quite understand the timing of it. can i play it at the start o the draw phase and imediately become the first player? or will i become first player in the NEXT draw phase?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedor Sosnin
United States
Sparks
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
A 2-4 player Trick-Taking card game with devastating skill cards & unique gameplay.
mbmbmbmbmb
bubu91 wrote:
ok got it

i have another question regarding Fury. i don't quite understand the timing of it. can i play it at the start o the draw phase and imediately become the first player? or will i become first player in the NEXT draw phase?


When you use Fury, the next time players get a chance to draw cards and move the attack token, you would get the attack token and become the attacker. So yes, you would be able to play that card during the draw phase because it is a "play anytime" card because of its lightning symbol.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Popov Victor
msg tools
Battle of Durak wrote:
bubu91 wrote:
ok got it

i have another question regarding Fury. i don't quite understand the timing of it. can i play it at the start o the draw phase and imediately become the first player? or will i become first player in the NEXT draw phase?


When you use Fury, the next time players get a chance to draw cards and move the attack token, you would get the attack token and become the attacker. So yes, you would be able to play that card during the draw phase because it is a "play anytime" card because of its lightning symbol.


thank you
i have another question regarding some abilities:

Stun - Could you please give exemples of a an attacking situation and a defending situation in which stun would be useful? i don't quite understand how it works.

Deflect - say i use deflect when the attacker used a 7 trump agains me, now after i use Deflect on the 7 trump and become the attacker, does my opponent now has to defeat his own 7 trump?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedor Sosnin
United States
Sparks
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
A 2-4 player Trick-Taking card game with devastating skill cards & unique gameplay.
mbmbmbmbmb
bubu91 wrote:


thank you
i have another question regarding some abilities:

Stun - Could you please give exemples of a an attacking situation and a defending situation in which stun would be useful? i don't quite understand how it works.

Deflect - say i use deflect when the attacker used a 7 trump agains me, now after i use Deflect on the 7 trump and become the attacker, does my opponent now has to defeat his own 7 trump?


Stun:
In this situation Stun must be used when it is your turn to play a card - attacking or defending. When it is your turn, you can play STUN on any opponent. That opponent is skipped when passing the attack token after the draw phase. So, they lose their attacking turn.

Deflect:
That is a perfect example of Deflect. . In a 3-4 player game, that seven would deflect to a player on your left and they would now have to defend against it.

Let me know if you have any more.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Popov Victor
msg tools
so in a 2 player game, say i'm the defender and managed to beat 3 cards, the attacker gives me a trump card that i can't beat and have to withdraw, can i use stun before withdrawing and this way keep the attack token and not give it to the attacker?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedor Sosnin
United States
Sparks
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
A 2-4 player Trick-Taking card game with devastating skill cards & unique gameplay.
mbmbmbmbmb
bubu91 wrote:
so in a 2 player game, say i'm the defender and managed to beat 3 cards, the attacker gives me a trump card that i can't beat and have to withdraw, can i use stun before withdrawing and this way keep the attack token and not give it to the attacker?


Exactly. The Barbarian is all about overpowering opponents with brute force so he can be really intimidating. But unlike some of the more cunning characters in BOD, he's not the most effective card shedder and can get overwhelmed if you can pile Battle Cards into his hand.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Popov Victor
msg tools
Battle of Durak wrote:
bubu91 wrote:
so in a 2 player game, say i'm the defender and managed to beat 3 cards, the attacker gives me a trump card that i can't beat and have to withdraw, can i use stun before withdrawing and this way keep the attack token and not give it to the attacker?


Exactly. The Barbarian is all about overpowering opponents with brute force so he can be really intimidating. But unlike some of the more cunning characters in BOD, he's not the most effective card shedder and can get overwhelmed if you can pile Battle Cards into his hand.


Kiss of Death - say i attack with a 13, my oponent uses 6 trump to defeat, can i use kiss of death on the 6 trump so that my oponent has to defeat my 13 card again?

Sacrifice - say my oponent has 6 cards and the deck has only 3 left. if i use sacrifice on my oponent, will he discard all his 6 cards and get 3 from the deck?

Multiply - i understand how this would be used as an attacking spell - you basicaly give your opponent 2 cards to beat, but how would it be used as a defensive spell in a two player game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.