Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got back from the WBC and in replaying the week in my head, my best overall gaming experience was playing Tin Goose.

I played in the first heat and the designer, Matt Calkins, sat in on a 5P game because along with me, there was another beginner at the table. (I own a copy of the game and read the rules previously, but hadn't played it yet.)

He answered every question we had patiently and gave out some strategy tips also. It was a real pleasure to play with him.

I'll need another game or two to digest the nuances of the auctions and balancing fleets with disasters, but I'm hooked on it now.

I only skipped the second heat because I made it into the finals of another game in the same time slot(I lost), but I'm going to make a point of giving this priority in next year's schedule.

If you get a chance to play this, give it a shot. The mix of auctions, route building and hand management is really interesting and, for me at least, fun.

Jason is right and Tom is wrong about this one.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. R. Tracy
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
natsean wrote:

Jason is right and Tom is wrong about this one.

Agreed - had a lot of fun with this in open gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a very nice game, and Matt was great during the event answering questions and providing support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Welker
United States
Steubenville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed WBC. Still sad at the loss

But, real life is crazy, and I was diagnosed with clinical depression, so it's been a bit of a roller coaster over the summer.

Hopefully, everyone had fun in the new venue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. R. Tracy
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Welker wrote:
I missed WBC. Still sad at the loss

But, real life is crazy, and I was diagnosed with clinical depression, so it's been a bit of a roller coaster over the summer.

Good luck with that, Mike - hope to see you next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. Deniz Bucak
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
As Above, So Below
badge
My books are forgeries. Nobody wrote them. - Philip K. Dick
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up Tin Goose after playing it in open gaming at WBC. I didn't make it to the heats though. It's a very enjoyable game, though as with many auction games I think it will take a few plays to learn the correct way to price things (in my game we all ended up with 2 or 3 bonds acquired the stupid way due to crashes and oil events.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.