Dice Heist» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Percentage Spreadsheet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Smith

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a spreadsheet to calculate some simple odds for hitting your rolls given a certain number of dice.

Spreadsheet.

I was also pondering a particular situation when both you and a single opponent are interested in a given museum, and you each have the same number of dice. I wasn't sure when it would be beneficial to wait a turn and add a sidekick. So, for each situation, I multiplied the odds that your opponent misses their next roll by the odds you will succeed with an extra die next turn and compared that to the original odds.

It turns out that it's almost always better to roll now rather than take an extra sidekick. The exceptions are if you only have your single thief die, and you are rolling for the British Museum or the Louvre. In those situations (again, assuming your opponent has the same number of dice and will definitely roll on their turn), your odds are better to take a sidekick.

I'm also interested in whether any of my methods or calculations are off, so please let me know if you catch any errors!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.