Subject: Intrigued by this game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M Smith
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This looks like a fun and interesting game. I have enjoyed Battlecars and Gorka Morka in the past .
Does this game have similarities ?
I see the vehicles are most probably 1/64 scale .I have a few 1/43 from 28mm post apocalypse skirmish games , would these be okay to use ?
Thanks for any info and good luck on your development of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Morgan
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No information seems to be easily obtainable about this one. I'd love to test it out with my boys as they enjoy Frostgrave and are interested in Saga and Brink of Battle.

So many skirmish style games to try - I hope for a chance to see some playtest videos or battle reports of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hutchinson
United Kingdom
Canterbury
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
GitFeatures wrote:
This looks like a fun and interesting game. I have enjoyed Battlecars and Gorka Morka in the past .
Does this game have similarities ?

Better late than never replying I guess! :D

Both Battlecars and Gorka Morka are certainly inspirations for Gaslands. The "gear phase" turn structure in Gaslands echoes Dark Future, and there are a host of perks to customise your drivers and vehicles, much like the Gorka Morka campaign system.

You can read more about the design goals for the game in my Design Blog on the Gaslands.com site.

GitFeatures wrote:
I see the vehicles are most probably 1/64 scale .I have a few 1/43 from 28mm post apocalypse skirmish games , would these be okay to use ?
Thanks for any info and good luck on your development of the game.

The game is designed for Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars, but if you photocopy the movement templates up from A4 to A3 it works perfectly with 28mm vehicles without any other changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hutchinson
United Kingdom
Canterbury
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Masterhit wrote:
No information seems to be easily obtainable about this one. I'd love to test it out with my boys as they enjoy Frostgrave and are interested in Saga and Brink of Battle.

So many skirmish style games to try - I hope for a chance to see some playtest videos or battle reports of this.

Me too! You can check in our forums, and I'm maintaining a YouTube playlist with anything I find.

One of my key design goals for Gaslands was to make it a game that Dads will want to play with their kids, and I hope you'll find that your boys take to it.

At the Salute gaming show in the UK this year we had one playtest session with 6 players all under 13 and they had a blast!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.