The Others» Forums » General

Subject: Will This Game be at Gen Con? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael R

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If so, where can I pick it up? I looked for Cool Mini or Not on the Exhibition Hall map but didn't see it.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is listed under CMoN 509. Looks like they have a pretty big booth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Robinson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They will have a massive booth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Not have a booth? And miss the chance to sell their game at GCON months before the Kickstarter backers get it??? CMON would never pass up such yearly tradition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:
Not have a booth? And miss the chance to sell their game at GCON months before the Kickstarter backers get it??? CMON would never pass up such yearly tradition.

Make up things they don't do and pretend you're clever. Seek that attention!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:

Backers are already receiving the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Moore
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
I have never been to Gen Con before, but I was thinking about going to try to find this game to purchase it. I wouldn't be able to make it to Gen Con until Saturday. Do these games usually run out of stock quickly at Gen Con? is it worth trying to go on Saturday to buy it, or will all copies likely be gone by then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Felts
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
UPA941 wrote:
I have never been to Gen Con before, but I was thinking about going to try to find this game to purchase it. I wouldn't be able to make it to Gen Con until Saturday. Do these games usually run out of stock quickly at Gen Con? is it worth trying to go on Saturday to buy it, or will all copies likely be gone by then?

If they have a set number per day you may be able to go early on Saturday and make a bee-line to their booth when the hall opens. This is typically how they do these things (have a set number per day and not set everything out at the beginning of the con)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
Dark63 wrote:

I haven't received notification - can't wait.

And I couldn't care less if they sell it at GenCon before I get mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Moore
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
tfelts wrote:
UPA941 wrote:

If they have a set number per day you may be able to go early on Saturday and make a bee-line to their booth when the hall opens. This is typically how they do these things (have a set number per day and not set everything out at the beginning of the con)...

Good to know! Thanks for the tip!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Parish
United States
Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the chance to play this at Dice Tower Con against Eric Lang, amazing game great simply gameplay mechanics, loved every second of it even though Pride got us in the end. Really glad I backed this can't wait to get it with all the extra goodies. Do not pass up the chance to grab this game early.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wikiro Trio
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a backer and I'm pro selling it at GenCon before I get it. It's not my game and I have no right to it. There is no pledgers privaledge other than huge discount on goods. This what backers should be thinking

Edit: Also exclusives. If you think about it no one is getting the game a backer gets due to the exclusives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Wikiro wrote:
I'm a backer and I'm pro selling it at GenCon before I get it. It's not my game and I have no right to it. There is no pledgers privaledge other than huge discount on goods. This what backers should be thinking

Edit: Also exclusives. If you think about it no one is getting the game a backer gets due to the exclusives.

No kidding.

Anyone buying The Others at GenCon will pay $100 (what we paid) for just the core box. No stretch goals, not the other 5 Sins, just the core box.

Definitely worth having it arrive a week or 3 after GenCon and getting all the extra goodies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
Wikiro wrote:

No kidding.

Anyone buying The Others at GenCon will pay $100 (what we paid) for just the core box. No stretch goals, not the other 5 Sins, just the core box.

Definitely worth having it arrive a week or 3 after GenCon and getting all the extra goodies!

It was pretty phenomenal getting basically the entire system for the basic pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Meeusen

Belmont
Michigan
msg tools
Yeah, and right about now all us "east coast" USA backers are just waiting for the illustrious shipping notification email...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Leong
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reckon they will have copies of the Artbook and Plastic tokens there since they are not kickstarter exclusive

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
StrafeFC wrote:
Reckon they will have copies of the Artbook and Plastic tokens there since they are not kickstarter exclusive

That artbooks seems like a very worthwhile investment, it's right up there with Scythe artbook for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Leong
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:
StrafeFC wrote:

That artbooks seems like a very worthwhile investment, it's right up there with Scythe artbook for me

Yes, thanks for the reminder on how good it is . I didn't get the Artbook because I thought the background stories for the heroes would be in the game somewhere. So yeah hoping for other ways to get it. At least it isn't kickstarter exclusive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Torno
United States
Victorville
California
flag msg tools
Orangemoose wrote:
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
Dark63 wrote:

I haven't received notification - can't wait.

And I couldn't care less if they sell it at GenCon before I get mine.

Looking forward to getting my shipping notification, too! This Kickstarter should be well worth the wait.

And I hope they sell a thousand copies at Gencon, as that will mean the game is popular, and we may get more expansions. Also means more people to play the game with.

CMoN outdid themselves with this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N. P. P.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
Dark63 wrote:

Except that is a thing they do.
Granted, in the case of The Others it may only be true for around a third to half of the backers, and who cares about Europeans anyway, right?
Not so in the case of Masmorra, which they are happily selling three months before Kickstarter backers are estimated to receive it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skippy668 wrote:
Dormammu wrote:
Dark63 wrote:

Granted, in the case of The Others it may only be true for around a third to half of the backers, and who cares about Europeans anyway, right?
Not so in the case of Masmorra, which they are happily selling three months before Kickstarter backers are estimated to receive it.

Hey for the low low price of $55 per day minimum, plane tickets, and accomodations you too could go to GenCon! Think of all the time you'll save! Seriously, if folks can afford to go to GenCon and pick up the game (without the KSE's)do it up! Being jealous of them is straight up ridiculous, regardless of where in the world you live.

The real issue is not people being able to buy the game now at GenCon. The issue is that you don't have your copy yet and are lashing out because of it, like a kid a Christmas time that has to eat his breakfast before he gets his presents. Its going to be ok, you will get your copy, and your KSE's. Try to relax, and play a different game till this one shows up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Leong
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So can anyone at Gencon verify whether the base game is the only thing for sale or they are selling the expansions and art book?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Grumpae wrote:
Skippy668 wrote:
Dormammu wrote:
Dark63 wrote:

Hey for the low low price of $55 per day minimum, plane tickets, and accomodations you too could go to GenCon! Think of all the time you'll save! Seriously, if folks can afford to go to GenCon and pick up the game (without the KSE's)do it up! Being jealous of them is straight up ridiculous, regardless of where in the world you live.

The real issue is not people being able to buy the game now at GenCon. The issue is that you don't have your copy yet and are lashing out because of it, like a kid a Christmas time that has to eat his breakfast before he gets his presents. Its going to be ok, you will get your copy, and your KSE's. Try to relax, and play a different game till this one shows up.

Always interesting to see so many people roll up and lash out with direct(and surprisingly lengthy) insults after someone else makes an indirect comment that's clearly set with sarcasm, smiley face and all. Oh the irony of it. The real issue is perhaps communicating your disagreements without a string of assumptions about someone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Robinson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StrafeFC wrote:
So can anyone at Gencon verify whether the base game is the only thing for sale or they are selling the expansions and art book?

Confirmed. Base game only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.