Subject: Refugees not welcome rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oliver Ludwig

Remetschwil
Schweiz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing my 1 1 1/2 game of FS as the Averni.
We play the reconquest of Gaul scenario.
Early in the game the Roman player scouted many of my warbands and will battle them. (He also moved 1 Auxilia north in the uncontrolled region - I guess to block my retreat, which is actually unnecessary.)
Anyways I asked the Aedui player, if he would allow me to retreat to his region, which he denied.
Does this asking for refuge equal the declaration of a retreat? Or only if he would allow it? Because if the first, I loose my right to counter-attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the Romans in that game, you asked for refuge but since it was denied you get to change your mind and fight back instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muramasa84 wrote:
I'm playing my 1 1 1/2 game of FS as the Averni.
We play the reconquest of Gaul scenario.
Early in the game the Roman player scouted many of my warbands and will battle them. (He also moved 1 Auxilia north in the uncontrolled region - I guess to block my retreat, which is actually unnecessary.)
Anyways I asked the Aedui player, if he would allow me to retreat to his region, which he denied.
Does this asking for refuge equal the declaration of a retreat? Or only if he would allow it? Because if the first, I loose my right to counter-attack.
You can ask other factions if they would allow a retreat before declaring retreat.
You can even still decide not to declare a retreat even if the faction you asked allows retreating into their territory AFAIK, not entirely sure about this one though (and I don't see the reason for asking if you don't actually want to go there)

The rules are written in such a way that you never get locked into a decision that depends on another factions agreement while that other faction hasn't given that agreement yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. The general rule is:

Quote:
1.5.2 Negotiation. All negotiations are open. Players may make any
mutual arrangements within the rules, binding only as follows: once
a player agrees to something within the execution of a Command,
Special Ability, Event, or Quarters Phase, that agreement holds during
that action. A player failing to obtain agreement at the outset of
an action may cancel the action.

Clever subject line.

vfr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.