$20.00
Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Oceanos» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scuba Divers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Say we're in round 2 (middle depth) and I place a scuba diver on this row to gain a chest and the chest from the surface for a total of 2 chests.

Then in Round 3(Deep Water) a Treasure Chest is placed below my scuba diver. Is it possible to place a different diver on this card?

If so... does one scuba bring back 2 chests and the other 3 chests? Or is it just 3 and one scuba diver is wasted?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Customer Service, Translator, Webmaster, Reviewer Contact for IELLO USA
badge
Ask me stuff! I'll help you!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can place another scuba diver on the third treasure chest, but he only brings one treasure back to the surface. The first scuba diver was really thorough and left nothing else for the second diver to bring back up
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is how I thought that would be played. Thank you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you play a scuba diver before the end of the game? The rules say you can play a scuba diver as an additional action each turn but why wouldn't you just wait until the end of the game to try and get the most treasure chests?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Customer Service, Translator, Webmaster, Reviewer Contact for IELLO USA
badge
Ask me stuff! I'll help you!
mbmbmbmbmb
nexus1967 wrote:
Why would you play a scuba diver before the end of the game? The rules say you can play a scuba diver as an additional action each turn but why wouldn't you just wait until the end of the game to try and get the most treasure chests?

You may not want to push your luck that far, since you can only play a scuba diver token at the same time that you play a treasure card. It's true that playing a scuba diver in the first round is kind of wasteful, but I usually play one in the second round, just to make sure I collect treasure at all.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought you can only play a diver on the card just played.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Customer Service, Translator, Webmaster, Reviewer Contact for IELLO USA
badge
Ask me stuff! I'll help you!
mbmbmbmbmb
joakim589 wrote:
Thought you can only play a diver on the card just played.

Specifically on a treasure card you just played!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Piccoli
Argentina
Santa Fe
Santa Fe
flag msg tools
mbmb
daloester wrote:
You can place another scuba diver on the third treasure chest, but he only brings one treasure back to the surface. The first scuba diver was really thorough and left nothing else for the second diver to bring back up


Although this makes total sense, it isn't mentioned anywhere in the rulebook. The first time I played it I got it wrong. There should be a rule stating something like: "Each treasure chest can only be collected once, no matter how many scuba divers ascend through the card".

There is another vital rule that is nowhere to be found in the rulebook: that the different types of animals you count are only the ones in the current depth, not in all your cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James A
msg tools
lucasmaxi wrote:
daloester wrote:
You can place another scuba diver on the third treasure chest, but he only brings one treasure back to the surface. The first scuba diver was really thorough and left nothing else for the second diver to bring back up


Although this makes total sense, it isn't mentioned anywhere in the rulebook. The first time I played it I got it wrong. There should be a rule stating something like: "Each treasure chest can only be collected once, no matter how many scuba divers ascend through the card".

There is another vital rule that is nowhere to be found in the rulebook: that the different types of animals you count are only the ones in the current depth, not in all your cards.


Actually on page 7 at the bottom, in bold, it states that each treasure may only be collected once. And on page 9, step 2, it states you only collect victory points from the current round.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.